The Season 8 premiere of E!‘s Keeping Up With The Kardashians featured footage of Kim Kardashian finding out the sex of her child with rapper boyfriend Kanye West. The made-for-TV moment was intended to capitalize on the tabloid interest in such things, but the 3 million total viewers that tuned in Sunday was up only 6% from the Season 7 premiere. Still, it was the most-watched season debut in three years, drawing 2 million adults 18-49. Following Kardashians was the series premiere of The Wanted Life, which delivered just 600,000 total viewers and 409,000 in the demo. A total of 1.7 million tuned in across three showings of the series, which follows UK pop band The Wanted.
Baby Viewership Bump For ‘Kardashians’ Season 8 Premiere
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016