Justin Theroux is set as the lead in Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, directed by Peter Berg. Co-written by Lindelof and Tom Perrotta based on Perrotta’s 2011 book, the project takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to. It is the story of the people who didn’t make the cut… and a world that will never be the same. Theroux will play chief of police Kevin Garvey, a father of two who is trying to maintain some semblance of normalcy in a world that is starting to completely reject that notion. Warner Bros. TV is producing, with Lindelof serving as executive producer/showrunner and Perrotta, Ron Yerxa, Albert Berger, Berg and Sarah Aubrey also executive producing. This marks actor-writer Theroux’s return to HBO where he did arcs on Sex And The City and Six Feet Under and most recently the comedy pilot Documental, which he wrote, directed and starred in. He is with CAA.
Justin Theroux To Topline Damon Lindelof’s HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'