EXCLUSIVE: David Meunier (Justified, Revolution) has been cast alongside Denzel Washington, Melissa Leo, and Chloe Moretz in Antoine Fuqua‘s The Equalizer. He’ll play Slavi, a brutal and sleazy Russian pimp involved with Teri, the young prostitute played by Moretz. The $50 million thriller is adapted from CBS’ 1980s series about Robert McCall, an ex-covert agent who hires himself out to those in need. Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, and Steve Tisch are producing for Escape Artists with Alex Siskin, Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge, and original series creator Michael Sloan. David Bloomfield is exec producing. Sony‘s already set an April 11, 2014 release for the pic which reunites Fuqua with his Training Day star Washington and his Olympus Has Fallen actress Leo. Meunier plays the recurring role of Johnny Crowder on FX’s Justified, which returns for its fifth season next January. He’s repped by Justice & Ponder and Ellis Talent Group.
‘Justified’s David Meunier Joins ‘The Equalizer’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Yamato
- Marcia Gay Harden Signs With ICM Partners
- UPDATE: Michelle Yeoh, Others Join Cinemax's 'Strike Back' For Fourth & Final Season
- Fantastic Fest: Drafthouse & FilmBuff Acquire Sci-Fi Horror Romance 'Spring'
- Hot Fantastic Fest Trailer: 'Felt'
- Pauly Shore Documentary Acquired By Showtime
- Anthony Hopkins Boards Pacific Northwest Thriller 'Go With Me'