EXCLUSIVE: David Meunier (Justified, Revolution) has been cast alongside Denzel Washington, Melissa Leo, and Chloe Moretz in Antoine Fuqua‘s The Equalizer. He’ll play Slavi, a brutal and sleazy Russian pimp involved with Teri, the young prostitute played by Moretz. The $50 million thriller is adapted from CBS’ 1980s series about Robert McCall, an ex-covert agent who hires himself out to those in need. Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, and Steve Tisch are producing for Escape Artists with Alex Siskin, Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge, and original series creator Michael Sloan. David Bloomfield is exec producing. Sony‘s already set an April 11, 2014 release for the pic which reunites Fuqua with his Training Day star Washington and his Olympus Has Fallen actress Leo. Meunier plays the recurring role of Johnny Crowder on FX’s Justified, which returns for its fifth season next January. He’s repped by Justice & Ponder and Ellis Talent Group.
‘Justified’s David Meunier Joins ‘The Equalizer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $93M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’