EXCLUSIVE: David Meunier (Justified, Revolution) has been cast alongside Denzel Washington, Melissa Leo, and Chloe Moretz in Antoine Fuqua‘s The Equalizer. He’ll play Slavi, a brutal and sleazy Russian pimp involved with Teri, the young prostitute played by Moretz. The $50 million thriller is adapted from CBS’ 1980s series about Robert McCall, an ex-covert agent who hires himself out to those in need. Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal, and Steve Tisch are producing for Escape Artists with Alex Siskin, Mace Neufeld, Tony Eldridge, and original series creator Michael Sloan. David Bloomfield is exec producing. Sony‘s already set an April 11, 2014 release for the pic which reunites Fuqua with his Training Day star Washington and his Olympus Has Fallen actress Leo. Meunier plays the recurring role of Johnny Crowder on FX’s Justified, which returns for its fifth season next January. He’s repped by Justice & Ponder and Ellis Talent Group.
‘Justified’s David Meunier Joins ‘The Equalizer’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Yamato
- Glenn Beck's Hot Reads: Google, Futurism, And More Fuel For A Media Empire
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood