Upstart film studio JuntoBox Films has chosen the next project it will develop from its unique fan and filmmaker social community. George Richards’ The Driver will be the fifth feature developed by JuntoBox, co-chair Forest Whitaker announced today at Film Independent’s LA Film Festival. Pic follows a down on his luck boxer turned getaway driver left with a dead partner and a duffle bag of cash after a heist gone wrong. Alex Ardenti will direct. JuntoBox, founded in 2012 with a focus on microbudgeted feature films sourced from its community and offering mentorship and distribution services to its network of filmmakers, just wrapped Sacrifice starring Dermot Mulroney and Melora Walters. This summer the studio will choose a comedy project, followed by an action/sci-fi pic in September and a horror film in November.
Collaborative Studio JuntoBox Greenlights Boxing Drama ‘The Driver’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'