Upstart film studio JuntoBox Films has chosen the next project it will develop from its unique fan and filmmaker social community. George Richards’ The Driver will be the fifth feature developed by JuntoBox, co-chair Forest Whitaker announced today at Film Independent’s LA Film Festival. Pic follows a down on his luck boxer turned getaway driver left with a dead partner and a duffle bag of cash after a heist gone wrong. Alex Ardenti will direct. JuntoBox, founded in 2012 with a focus on microbudgeted feature films sourced from its community and offering mentorship and distribution services to its network of filmmakers, just wrapped Sacrifice starring Dermot Mulroney and Melora Walters. This summer the studio will choose a comedy project, followed by an action/sci-fi pic in September and a horror film in November.
Collaborative Studio JuntoBox Greenlights Boxing Drama ‘The Driver’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot