Upstart film studio JuntoBox Films has chosen the next project it will develop from its unique fan and filmmaker social community. George Richards’ The Driver will be the fifth feature developed by JuntoBox, co-chair Forest Whitaker announced today at Film Independent’s LA Film Festival. Pic follows a down on his luck boxer turned getaway driver left with a dead partner and a duffle bag of cash after a heist gone wrong. Alex Ardenti will direct. JuntoBox, founded in 2012 with a focus on microbudgeted feature films sourced from its community and offering mentorship and distribution services to its network of filmmakers, just wrapped Sacrifice starring Dermot Mulroney and Melora Walters. This summer the studio will choose a comedy project, followed by an action/sci-fi pic in September and a horror film in November.
Collaborative Studio JuntoBox Greenlights Boxing Drama ‘The Driver’
Trending Now on Deadline
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks