Upstart film studio JuntoBox Films has chosen the next project it will develop from its unique fan and filmmaker social community. George Richards’ The Driver will be the fifth feature developed by JuntoBox, co-chair Forest Whitaker announced today at Film Independent’s LA Film Festival. Pic follows a down on his luck boxer turned getaway driver left with a dead partner and a duffle bag of cash after a heist gone wrong. Alex Ardenti will direct. JuntoBox, founded in 2012 with a focus on microbudgeted feature films sourced from its community and offering mentorship and distribution services to its network of filmmakers, just wrapped Sacrifice starring Dermot Mulroney and Melora Walters. This summer the studio will choose a comedy project, followed by an action/sci-fi pic in September and a horror film in November.
Collaborative Studio JuntoBox Greenlights Boxing Drama ‘The Driver’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut