Showtime has put in development a single-camera, half-hour comedy project executive produced by singer John Legend and his manager, Atom Factory’s Troy Carter. Written by Austin Winsberg (Gossip Girl) and produced by Universal Cable Prods., the project takes place in the world of high-profile music managers. It will draw on the music business experience of both Legend and Carter, the founder/chairman/CEO of Atom Factory, an entertainment management company where he also manages Lady Gaga. Legend, Mike Jackson and Ty Stiklorius executive produce through their Get Lifted Film Co., which has a pod deal with UCP, along with Carter and Winsberg. Legend has a long-standing relationship with Showtime. Last year, he did a music special which was in series consideration at the pay cable network and performed at Showtime’s pre-Emmy party. Winsberg, who wrote upcoming musical First Date, is repped by CAA, Trevor Engelson at Underground, and Warren Dern; Get Lifted is with CAA and Nina Shaw and Abel Lezcano.
John Legend To Produce Comedy Project About Music Managers For Showtime
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27M+ Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK -Tuesday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers & Trevor Noah Take On Donald Trump-John Lewis Flap
- ABC Buys Muslim Model Comedy From Zainab Johnson, Wanda Sykes, Tom Straw
- Tom Cruise Absolutely Not Inspiration For ‘The Arrangement,’ Creator & Cast Insist – TCA
- Will Donald Trump Strip The FCC Of Some Of Its Regulatory Clout?
- ‘O.J.,’ ‘The Voice’ & ‘Last Week Tonight’ Among NATPE Reality Awards Winners
- Bill O’Reilly To Interview Donald Trump During Super Bowl Pregame