Jesse Lee Soffer has closed a deal as a new series regular on NBC‘s midseason drama series Chicago PD. On the Chicago Fire spinoff, Soffer will play a young police detective who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. I’ve learned that Soffer’s character will be introduced this fall on the mothership series Chicago Fire in a couple of episodes before segueing to Chicago PD. NBC employed a similar strategy with the other characters from the spinoff who made their debut on Chicago Fire. (Of the Chicago PD cast members introduced on Chicago Fire last season, Melissa Sagemiller will not continue on the show.) Soffer, repped by Silver Lining Entertainment and Innovative Artists, will be able to do both shows as Chicago Fire is a midseason series and goes into production later than Chicago Fire. I hear Soffer got the attention of NBC executives with his starring role in the network’s drama pilot Hatfield’s & McCoys this past season. Earlier in the season, he was was a regular on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Jesse Lee Soffer Joins NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Regular, Gets Arc On ‘Chicago Fire’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA