Jesse Lee Soffer has closed a deal as a new series regular on NBC‘s midseason drama series Chicago PD. On the Chicago Fire spinoff, Soffer will play a young police detective who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. I’ve learned that Soffer’s character will be introduced this fall on the mothership series Chicago Fire in a couple of episodes before segueing to Chicago PD. NBC employed a similar strategy with the other characters from the spinoff who made their debut on Chicago Fire. (Of the Chicago PD cast members introduced on Chicago Fire last season, Melissa Sagemiller will not continue on the show.) Soffer, repped by Silver Lining Entertainment and Innovative Artists, will be able to do both shows as Chicago Fire is a midseason series and goes into production later than Chicago Fire. I hear Soffer got the attention of NBC executives with his starring role in the network’s drama pilot Hatfield’s & McCoys this past season. Earlier in the season, he was was a regular on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Jesse Lee Soffer Joins NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Regular, Gets Arc On ‘Chicago Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Soft, NBC Lineup Up
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit 2nd Best Live+3 Results Ever With Season 7 Debut
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing