Jesse Lee Soffer has closed a deal as a new series regular on NBC‘s midseason drama series Chicago PD. On the Chicago Fire spinoff, Soffer will play a young police detective who grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. I’ve learned that Soffer’s character will be introduced this fall on the mothership series Chicago Fire in a couple of episodes before segueing to Chicago PD. NBC employed a similar strategy with the other characters from the spinoff who made their debut on Chicago Fire. (Of the Chicago PD cast members introduced on Chicago Fire last season, Melissa Sagemiller will not continue on the show.) Soffer, repped by Silver Lining Entertainment and Innovative Artists, will be able to do both shows as Chicago Fire is a midseason series and goes into production later than Chicago Fire. I hear Soffer got the attention of NBC executives with his starring role in the network’s drama pilot Hatfield’s & McCoys this past season. Earlier in the season, he was was a regular on Fox’s Mob Doctor.
Jesse Lee Soffer Joins NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ As Regular, Gets Arc On ‘Chicago Fire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate