Glee‘s Jayma Mays is set to co-star opposite Will Arnett, Margo Martindale and Beau Bridges in CBS‘ new comedy series The Millers. The multi-camera show from Greg Garcia centers on Nathan Miller (Arnett), a local roving news reporter. After finally breaks the news of his recent divorce to his parents, Carol (Martindale) and Tom (Bridges), his father is inspired to follow suit and leaves his wife of 43 years. Carol moves in with Will, while Tom moves in with Will’s sister Debbie (Mays) and her husband. Mays replaces Mary Elizabeth Ellis, who played Debbie in the pilot. The role of her husband, played in the pilot by Michael Rapaport, also is being recast. In addition to her regular role on The Millers next season, Mays is expected to do a handful of episodes of Fox’s Glee where she started off as a regular before segueing to recurring last season. Mays, repped by UTA and manager Steven Levy, next reprises her role as the female lead in Smurfs 2, which opens July 31, and has two indies in the can, Larry Gaye: Renegade Male Flight Attendant and Last Weekend.
Jayma Mays To Co-Star On Greg Garcia’s New CBS Comedy ‘The Millers’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'
- Fox Buys Sibling Rivalry Comedy From Dana Klein With Put Pilot Commitment
- Showtime Renews 'Ray Donovan' & 'Masters Of Sex' For Third Season
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC