EXCLUSIVE: Javier Bardem has found a couple of killer roles. He will star as the good guy (for a change) in J.C. Chandor’s next film, A Most Violent Year, which will shoot in Manhattan this fall. Chandor, who made a splash in Cannes unveiling the Robert Redford-starrer survival tale All Is Lost, wrote A Most Violent Year, which Before The Door’s Neal Dodson and Anna Gerb will produce, with FilmNation handling global sales. Bardem is also locking in to go mano a mano with Sean Penn in The Gunman, another project that made waves at Cannes by selling out its foreign territorial allotment. The film is being directed by Pierre Morel and financed by Studio Canal, with Joel Silver and Andrew Rona producing. Bardem excels in these kinds of movies, winning the Oscar for No Country For Old Men, and most recently playing the existentially tortured villain who squared off against 007 in Skyfall. He’s repped by WME and will next be seen in the stellar cast of the Ridley Scott-directed The Counselor, opposite Michael Fassbender, Brad Pitt, Cameron Diaz and Penelope Cruz.
Javier Bardem Pacts Pair: He’ll Star In J.C. Chandor’s ‘A Most Violent Year’ And Opposite Sean Penn In ‘The Gunman’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest Film News
- Last Day On The Job For Animation Guild's Steve Hulett, Hollywood’s Longest-Serving Union Leader
- Annapurna’s Megan Ellison To Receive Producers Guild’s 2017 Visionary Award
- The Bart & Fleming Podcast Episode #5: China’s Play In The Hollywood Game
- ‘Glee’s Jacob Artist Joins John Cusack In ‘Misfortune’
- How Seth Rogen Brought Back Adult Animation With ‘Sausage Party’ – The Contenders Video
- Rebecca Hall On Humanizing Christine Chubbuck Beyond Her Tragic Act