Hollywood is going to the… cats. Cranky-faced kitty Grumpy Cat recently landed a movie deal with Broken Road’s Todd Garner and Sean Robins, and now “perma-kitten” Lil Bub is also expanding her brand. Discovery‘s digital video network, Revision3, has announced it is working with Lil Bub and owner Mike Bridavsky on a new “talk show” to launch this summer. Details are scant for now, but Revision3 says it will allow Lil Bub, who turns 2 today, “to showcase her many skills, mostly her people skills.” She’s no stranger to fame, having gone viral via Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram and with a book coming out this fall. She also appeared in the Spotlight section of Tribeca this year in Lil Bub & Friendz, a documentary that took her and Bridavsky on a cross-country trip to meet the Internet’s other famous felines. Grumpy Cat also appeared in the documentary.
Internet Perma-Kitten Lil Bub Partners With Discovery’s Revision3 For Cat Talk Show
Trending Now on Deadline
Int'l Box Office Final: 'Guardians' Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; 'Dracula Untold', 'Gone Girl', 'Annabelle' Hold Well; Action In France, Mexico; More
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks