Hollywood is going to the… cats. Cranky-faced kitty Grumpy Cat recently landed a movie deal with Broken Road’s Todd Garner and Sean Robins, and now “perma-kitten” Lil Bub is also expanding her brand. Discovery‘s digital video network, Revision3, has announced it is working with Lil Bub and owner Mike Bridavsky on a new “talk show” to launch this summer. Details are scant for now, but Revision3 says it will allow Lil Bub, who turns 2 today, “to showcase her many skills, mostly her people skills.” She’s no stranger to fame, having gone viral via Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram and with a book coming out this fall. She also appeared in the Spotlight section of Tribeca this year in Lil Bub & Friendz, a documentary that took her and Bridavsky on a cross-country trip to meet the Internet’s other famous felines. Grumpy Cat also appeared in the documentary.
Internet Perma-Kitten Lil Bub Partners With Discovery’s Revision3 For Cat Talk Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January