Boasting a bona fide TV star, John Stamos, NBC‘s drama pilot I Am Victor came close to a series order last month. And now NBC is taking another crack at the project. I’ve learned that the network has commissioned a two-week rewrite by the original script’s scribe Mark Goffman. Based on Jo Nesbo’s book, I Am Victor centers on Victor Port (Stamos), a high-powered divorce attorney with a unique view of relationships. The new direction of the project is still being hashed out, but I hear it will likely focus more on Victor’s legal cases vs. his personal life, which will remain a part of the show. I hear NBC liked the show’s legal world and Stamos, who tested very strong. There is also the issue of the show’s tone, which first became a point of contention during the filming of the pilot and led to the departure of executive producer Katie Jacobs. I hear the reworked version will be lighter than the original, which was deemed by some as being too dark. I also hear there is a possibility for the two lead female characters to be melded into one boss-type figure who would have a flirty relationship with Victor in the vein of ABC’s Castle. If NBC brass like the new script, I hear a pilot reshoot is being eyed for the beginning of September for a potential midseason series launch after the Winter Olympics.
‘I Am Victor’ In Midseason Contention At NBC With Rewrite
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’