Having returned from his recent cinematic tour of European capitals, Woody Allen sets his new film in San Francisco. Blue Jasmine stars Cate Blanchett as a pampered New York housewife who has it all — until her wealthy husband (Alec Baldwin) is exposed as a crook and she goes “dead broke”. So she heads to the City by the Bay to crash with her sister (Sally Hawkins). Says Blanchett’s Jasmine, “Anxiety, nightmares and a nervous breakdown — there’s only so many traumas a person can stand before they take to the streets and start screaming.” Bobby Cannavale, Louis C.K., Andrew Dice Clay, Peter Sarsgaard and Michael Stuhlbarg co-star in the film produced by Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenenbaum and Edward Walson. Sony Pictures Classics opens it July 26:
Hot Trailer: Woody Allen’s ‘Blue Jasmine’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'