Having returned from his recent cinematic tour of European capitals, Woody Allen sets his new film in San Francisco. Blue Jasmine stars Cate Blanchett as a pampered New York housewife who has it all — until her wealthy husband (Alec Baldwin) is exposed as a crook and she goes “dead broke”. So she heads to the City by the Bay to crash with her sister (Sally Hawkins). Says Blanchett’s Jasmine, “Anxiety, nightmares and a nervous breakdown — there’s only so many traumas a person can stand before they take to the streets and start screaming.” Bobby Cannavale, Louis C.K., Andrew Dice Clay, Peter Sarsgaard and Michael Stuhlbarg co-star in the film produced by Letty Aronson, Stephen Tenenbaum and Edward Walson. Sony Pictures Classics opens it July 26:
Hot Trailer: Woody Allen’s ‘Blue Jasmine’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'