Warner Bros has posted the first trailer for the long-awaited sequel to the stylish 2006 hit, though it isn’t coming out until March 7. In 300: Rise Of An Empire, Persian queen Artemisia (Eva Green) uses her “entire navy” to attack the Greeks, who are led by politician and general Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). Swords, axes, arrows, knives, flames, ships, horses, death, destruction — it’s all here. Lena Headey and Rodrigo Santoro reprise their respective roles as Queen Gorgo and Xerxes alongside series newcomers Stapleton, Green and Hans Matheson. Director Noam Murro’s sequel is written by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel Xerxes. The Legendary Pictures sequel is produced by Snyder — who helmed the original — Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Deborah Snyder and Bernie Goldmann. Miller, Thomas Tull, Stephen Jones and Jon Jashni are exec producers.
Hot Trailer: ‘300: Rise Of An Empire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Film News
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend