Warner Bros has posted the first trailer for the long-awaited sequel to the stylish 2006 hit, though it isn’t coming out until March 7. In 300: Rise Of An Empire, Persian queen Artemisia (Eva Green) uses her “entire navy” to attack the Greeks, who are led by politician and general Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). Swords, axes, arrows, knives, flames, ships, horses, death, destruction — it’s all here. Lena Headey and Rodrigo Santoro reprise their respective roles as Queen Gorgo and Xerxes alongside series newcomers Stapleton, Green and Hans Matheson. Director Noam Murro’s sequel is written by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel Xerxes. The Legendary Pictures sequel is produced by Snyder — who helmed the original — Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Deborah Snyder and Bernie Goldmann. Miller, Thomas Tull, Stephen Jones and Jon Jashni are exec producers.
Hot Trailer: ‘300: Rise Of An Empire’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'