Warner Bros has posted the first trailer for the long-awaited sequel to the stylish 2006 hit, though it isn’t coming out until March 7. In 300: Rise Of An Empire, Persian queen Artemisia (Eva Green) uses her “entire navy” to attack the Greeks, who are led by politician and general Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). Swords, axes, arrows, knives, flames, ships, horses, death, destruction — it’s all here. Lena Headey and Rodrigo Santoro reprise their respective roles as Queen Gorgo and Xerxes alongside series newcomers Stapleton, Green and Hans Matheson. Director Noam Murro’s sequel is written by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel Xerxes. The Legendary Pictures sequel is produced by Snyder — who helmed the original — Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Deborah Snyder and Bernie Goldmann. Miller, Thomas Tull, Stephen Jones and Jon Jashni are exec producers.
Hot Trailer: ‘300: Rise Of An Empire’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast