Warner Bros has posted the first trailer for the long-awaited sequel to the stylish 2006 hit, though it isn’t coming out until March 7. In 300: Rise Of An Empire, Persian queen Artemisia (Eva Green) uses her “entire navy” to attack the Greeks, who are led by politician and general Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). Swords, axes, arrows, knives, flames, ships, horses, death, destruction — it’s all here. Lena Headey and Rodrigo Santoro reprise their respective roles as Queen Gorgo and Xerxes alongside series newcomers Stapleton, Green and Hans Matheson. Director Noam Murro’s sequel is written by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel Xerxes. The Legendary Pictures sequel is produced by Snyder — who helmed the original — Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Deborah Snyder and Bernie Goldmann. Miller, Thomas Tull, Stephen Jones and Jon Jashni are exec producers.
Hot Trailer: ‘300: Rise Of An Empire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First