Warner Bros has posted the first trailer for the long-awaited sequel to the stylish 2006 hit, though it isn’t coming out until March 7. In 300: Rise Of An Empire, Persian queen Artemisia (Eva Green) uses her “entire navy” to attack the Greeks, who are led by politician and general Themistocles (Sullivan Stapleton). Swords, axes, arrows, knives, flames, ships, horses, death, destruction — it’s all here. Lena Headey and Rodrigo Santoro reprise their respective roles as Queen Gorgo and Xerxes alongside series newcomers Stapleton, Green and Hans Matheson. Director Noam Murro’s sequel is written by Zack Snyder & Kurt Johnstad and based on Frank Miller’s graphic novel Xerxes. The Legendary Pictures sequel is produced by Snyder — who helmed the original — Mark Canton, Gianni Nunnari, Deborah Snyder and Bernie Goldmann. Miller, Thomas Tull, Stephen Jones and Jon Jashni are exec producers.
Hot Trailer: ‘300: Rise Of An Empire’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’