Zentropa Productions just released an atmospheric teaser for The Keeper Of Lost Causes, the first installment in its Department Q franchise. Based on the books by Jussi Adler-Olsen, the Danish-language films focus on a chief detective who’s banished to a basement office to run a cold case division. A Royal Affair director Nikolaj Arcel adapted the books for the trilogy. Mikkel Nørgaard (Klown), who just signed with WME in Cannes, is director. Nikolaj Lie Kaas (Angels & Demons), Fares Fares (Zero Dark Thirty), Sonja Richter (The Homesman) and A Royal Affair‘s Mikkel Boe Folsgaard star. An October 3 release is set for Scandinavia with the pic likely to turn up on the fall festival circuit. Sales outfit TrustNordisk inked several deals off of a promo reel in Berlin and last month screened a rough cut for buyers in Cannes. Nørgaard directs the second picture in the series, The Absent One, in September:
Danish Teaser: ‘The Keeper Of Lost Causes’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward