EXCLUSIVE: David Caspe is staying firmly in the Sony Pictures TV fold. The creator/executive producer of the studio’s cult ABC comedy Happy Endings has closed a new two-year overall deal with the studio. For the past three seasons, Caspe served as showrunner on Happy Endings. Following the show’s recent cancellation by ABC, Sony TV has been exploring other possible homes, and while talks with USA didn’t pan out, the studio is still in conversations with others. In addition to his work on Happy Endings, Caspe helped set up the Showtime project Ball Street, which he co-wrote and will exec produce, as well as another project at Comedy Central, which he supervised and exec produced. Going into his new deal with Sony TV, Caspe has promoted Ian Durney, who had worked with him for the past few years, to creative executive, overseeing his development. On the feature side, Caspe, repped by WME, Magnolia Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein, is currently polishing the feature Ladies Night for Skydance, with Charlize Theron producing and starring and Fred Savage directing.
‘Happy Endings’ Creator David Caspe Inks New Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC
- 'Longmire' Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere