EXCLUSIVE: David Caspe is staying firmly in the Sony Pictures TV fold. The creator/executive producer of the studio’s cult ABC comedy Happy Endings has closed a new two-year overall deal with the studio. For the past three seasons, Caspe served as showrunner on Happy Endings. Following the show’s recent cancellation by ABC, Sony TV has been exploring other possible homes, and while talks with USA didn’t pan out, the studio is still in conversations with others. In addition to his work on Happy Endings, Caspe helped set up the Showtime project Ball Street, which he co-wrote and will exec produce, as well as another project at Comedy Central, which he supervised and exec produced. Going into his new deal with Sony TV, Caspe has promoted Ian Durney, who had worked with him for the past few years, to creative executive, overseeing his development. On the feature side, Caspe, repped by WME, Magnolia Entertainment and Hirsch Wallerstein, is currently polishing the feature Ladies Night for Skydance, with Charlize Theron producing and starring and Fred Savage directing.
‘Happy Endings’ Creator David Caspe Inks New Overall Deal With Sony Pictures TV
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate