VFX specialist Prime Focus has offices in LA, NY, Vancouver, London and Mumbai, and earlier this week added Beijing to its international outposts. Its global footprint has made it more immune to the problems U.S.-based VXF firms like Rhythm & Hues have had sustaining a viable business model. Today, Prime Focus is announcing a $53M equity infusion from Macquarie Capital. The money will be deployed in two phases, with $38M committed in the first phase and $15M in a second transactional phase. Prime Focus says the funds will go towards the build-out of its global creative services platform and near-term strategic acquisitions. The company provides visual effects, animation and stereo View-D conversion services. Recent credits include stereo VFX, 3D conversion and archive footage colorization work on Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby as well as on World War Z.
Global VFX Firm Prime Focus Gets $53M Equity Infusion; Acquisitions On Horizon
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- Million Dollar Screenplay Competition For College Students Launching In March
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release