VFX specialist Prime Focus has offices in LA, NY, Vancouver, London and Mumbai, and earlier this week added Beijing to its international outposts. Its global footprint has made it more immune to the problems U.S.-based VXF firms like Rhythm & Hues have had sustaining a viable business model. Today, Prime Focus is announcing a $53M equity infusion from Macquarie Capital. The money will be deployed in two phases, with $38M committed in the first phase and $15M in a second transactional phase. Prime Focus says the funds will go towards the build-out of its global creative services platform and near-term strategic acquisitions. The company provides visual effects, animation and stereo View-D conversion services. Recent credits include stereo VFX, 3D conversion and archive footage colorization work on Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby as well as on World War Z.
Global VFX Firm Prime Focus Gets $53M Equity Infusion; Acquisitions On Horizon
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Bogdanovich Unveils Screwball Comedy 'She's Funny That Way', Riffs On 'Lost Hollywood'
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest