Monterey Media has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to writer-director Jeremy Leven’s Girl On A Bicycle, with plans for a fall 2013 release. The romantic comedy stars Nora Tschirner, Vincenzo Amato, Paddy Considine, and Louise Monot and centers on an Italian tour bus driver in Paris who becomes infatuated and obsessed with the title character to comic and chaotic effect. Leven wrote The Notebook and Don Juan De Marco, and The Lives Of Others producers Max Wiedemann and Quirin Berg made this as their first English-language comedy; it already has been released in their native Germany via Warner Bros. The deal was made by Monterey’s Scott Mansfield and Paradigm’s Meghan Oliver and Ben Weiss.
‘Girl On A Bicycle’ Comedy Pic Acquired By Monterey Media
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession