Monterey Media has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to writer-director Jeremy Leven’s Girl On A Bicycle, with plans for a fall 2013 release. The romantic comedy stars Nora Tschirner, Vincenzo Amato, Paddy Considine, and Louise Monot and centers on an Italian tour bus driver in Paris who becomes infatuated and obsessed with the title character to comic and chaotic effect. Leven wrote The Notebook and Don Juan De Marco, and The Lives Of Others producers Max Wiedemann and Quirin Berg made this as their first English-language comedy; it already has been released in their native Germany via Warner Bros. The deal was made by Monterey’s Scott Mansfield and Paradigm’s Meghan Oliver and Ben Weiss.
‘Girl On A Bicycle’ Comedy Pic Acquired By Monterey Media
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV