Monterey Media has acquired U.S. and Canadian rights to writer-director Jeremy Leven’s Girl On A Bicycle, with plans for a fall 2013 release. The romantic comedy stars Nora Tschirner, Vincenzo Amato, Paddy Considine, and Louise Monot and centers on an Italian tour bus driver in Paris who becomes infatuated and obsessed with the title character to comic and chaotic effect. Leven wrote The Notebook and Don Juan De Marco, and The Lives Of Others producers Max Wiedemann and Quirin Berg made this as their first English-language comedy; it already has been released in their native Germany via Warner Bros. The deal was made by Monterey’s Scott Mansfield and Paradigm’s Meghan Oliver and Ben Weiss.
‘Girl On A Bicycle’ Comedy Pic Acquired By Monterey Media
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says