The Starks and the Lannisters are right behind The Sopranos. With the Season 3 finale last night of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the show based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels has become the second most watched series in HBO history behind Season 5 of David Chase’s Jersey mob show. With 5.4 million watching Sunday’s Game Of Thrones, the Season 3 finale was up 28% over the 4.2 million who watched the series’ Season 2 finale. Last night’s episode was the second most watched Game Of Thrones of the season after the 5.5 million HBO subscribers who tuned in for the May 5, 2013 airing. Over two plays last night, Game Of Thrones pulled in 6.3 million viewers in total. Overall Season 3 of Game Of Thrones averaged a gross audience of 13.6 million watching on linear plays, HBO On Demand, HBO GO and DVR. That’s up 2 million over Season 2. The 2004 season of The Sopranos holds the top spot for HBO with 14.4 million viewers on average.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Ends Season As HBO’s Second Most Popular Series Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn