The Starks and the Lannisters are right behind The Sopranos. With the Season 3 finale last night of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the show based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels has become the second most watched series in HBO history behind Season 5 of David Chase’s Jersey mob show. With 5.4 million watching Sunday’s Game Of Thrones, the Season 3 finale was up 28% over the 4.2 million who watched the series’ Season 2 finale. Last night’s episode was the second most watched Game Of Thrones of the season after the 5.5 million HBO subscribers who tuned in for the May 5, 2013 airing. Over two plays last night, Game Of Thrones pulled in 6.3 million viewers in total. Overall Season 3 of Game Of Thrones averaged a gross audience of 13.6 million watching on linear plays, HBO On Demand, HBO GO and DVR. That’s up 2 million over Season 2. The 2004 season of The Sopranos holds the top spot for HBO with 14.4 million viewers on average.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Ends Season As HBO’s Second Most Popular Series Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
World's Biggest YouTuber Vows To Delete Channel Citing Traffic, Race-Based Complaints About Video Service
Latest TV News
- ‘Doctor Who’ Christmas Special Heads To New York – Trailer
- Simon Fuller’s XIX Entertainment Making English-Language Version Of Scandi Teen Hit ‘Shame’
- Jimmy Kimmel’s ‘Big Fan’ Game Show Sets Debut Date With Matthew McConaughey
- ‘Timeless’: Annie Wersching Set To Recur On NBC Time Travel Drama Series
- Dr. Dre & Jimmy Iovine Docu Series Set For HBO: ‘Defiant Ones’ Bows Next Year
- Mark Jackson Joins Seth MacFarlane's Fox Series 'Orville'