The Starks and the Lannisters are right behind The Sopranos. With the Season 3 finale last night of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the show based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels has become the second most watched series in HBO history behind Season 5 of David Chase’s Jersey mob show. With 5.4 million watching Sunday’s Game Of Thrones, the Season 3 finale was up 28% over the 4.2 million who watched the series’ Season 2 finale. Last night’s episode was the second most watched Game Of Thrones of the season after the 5.5 million HBO subscribers who tuned in for the May 5, 2013 airing. Over two plays last night, Game Of Thrones pulled in 6.3 million viewers in total. Overall Season 3 of Game Of Thrones averaged a gross audience of 13.6 million watching on linear plays, HBO On Demand, HBO GO and DVR. That’s up 2 million over Season 2. The 2004 season of The Sopranos holds the top spot for HBO with 14.4 million viewers on average.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Ends Season As HBO’s Second Most Popular Series Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS