The Starks and the Lannisters are right behind The Sopranos. With the Season 3 finale last night of HBO’s Game of Thrones, the show based on George R.R. Martin’s fantasy novels has become the second most watched series in HBO history behind Season 5 of David Chase’s Jersey mob show. With 5.4 million watching Sunday’s Game Of Thrones, the Season 3 finale was up 28% over the 4.2 million who watched the series’ Season 2 finale. Last night’s episode was the second most watched Game Of Thrones of the season after the 5.5 million HBO subscribers who tuned in for the May 5, 2013 airing. Over two plays last night, Game Of Thrones pulled in 6.3 million viewers in total. Overall Season 3 of Game Of Thrones averaged a gross audience of 13.6 million watching on linear plays, HBO On Demand, HBO GO and DVR. That’s up 2 million over Season 2. The 2004 season of The Sopranos holds the top spot for HBO with 14.4 million viewers on average.
‘Game Of Thrones’ Ends Season As HBO’s Second Most Popular Series Ever
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Soft, NBC Lineup Up
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit 2nd Best Live+3 Results Ever With Season 7 Debut
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing