Emmy and WGA award winner Brian McCann has joined FX’s Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell as a producer and writer. “In 1995 my Chicago Bulls knew they were one piece away from a championship. They shocked the world by acquiring Dennis Rodman, best known for his incredible rebounding, his will to win, and unpredictability,” said Bell in a statement Thursday. “Totally Biased has just acquired Brian McCann, best known for his incredible run with Conan O’Brien, his will to get laughter at any cost, and his unpredictability. He is our Dennis Rodman. We are now ready to win.” Before his move over to the FX series, McCann spent 17 years working with Conan O’Brien on NBC’s Late Night With Conan O’Brien, The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien and Conan on TBS. Having debuted as a weekly show on FX in August 2012, Totally Biased is scheduled to move over to the new FXX when it launches in September. The half hour show will also expand to five nights a week. Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell comes from Bell and Executive Producers Chris Rock, Chuck Sklar and Keri Smith Esguia. The series is produced by FX Productions.
FX’s ‘Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell’ Adds ‘Conan’ Scribe Brian McCann
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast