FX won’t be ordering more episodes of Brand X With Russell Brand, FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said at a press conference today. The network will stay in business with the actor, picking up a scripted live-action comedy pilot starring Brand, which will be based loosely on his life in the vein of HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. A search is underway for a writer. In the end, “W. Kamau Bell and (executive producer) Chris Rock were more ready to convert to a daily show,” Landgraf said. Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell, which just logged a series high, will switch to a nightly format when it moves to FXX in September. “We saw more potential and upside in audience’s reaction.” Brand X started off as a taped weekly show and moved to a live production for the second batch of episodes. The series aired 26 episodes in total.
FX Drops ‘Brand X With Russell Brand’, Picks Up Live-Action Project With Brand
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'