FX won’t be ordering more episodes of Brand X With Russell Brand, FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said at a press conference today. The network will stay in business with the actor, picking up a scripted live-action comedy pilot starring Brand, which will be based loosely on his life in the vein of HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. A search is underway for a writer. In the end, “W. Kamau Bell and (executive producer) Chris Rock were more ready to convert to a daily show,” Landgraf said. Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell, which just logged a series high, will switch to a nightly format when it moves to FXX in September. “We saw more potential and upside in audience’s reaction.” Brand X started off as a taped weekly show and moved to a live production for the second batch of episodes. The series aired 26 episodes in total.
FX Drops ‘Brand X With Russell Brand’, Picks Up Live-Action Project With Brand
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate