FX won’t be ordering more episodes of Brand X With Russell Brand, FX Networks CEO John Landgraf said at a press conference today. The network will stay in business with the actor, picking up a scripted live-action comedy pilot starring Brand, which will be based loosely on his life in the vein of HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. A search is underway for a writer. In the end, “W. Kamau Bell and (executive producer) Chris Rock were more ready to convert to a daily show,” Landgraf said. Totally Biased With W. Kamau Bell, which just logged a series high, will switch to a nightly format when it moves to FXX in September. “We saw more potential and upside in audience’s reaction.” Brand X started off as a taped weekly show and moved to a live production for the second batch of episodes. The series aired 26 episodes in total.
FX Drops ‘Brand X With Russell Brand’, Picks Up Live-Action Project With Brand
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 80+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Studios Names Jeffrey Glaser Head Of Current; Kim Rozenfeld Poised To Go To Apple
- ‘This Is Us’ Makeup Artist Zoe Hay On Finding The Right Approach To Subtle Aging Makeup
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- Freeform Sets Cast For Christmas Movie ‘Angry Angel’ As Production Begins
- ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Back On Launchpad At Amazon With Paul Scheer Writing
- Conan O’Brien Offers To Help Jared Kushner Broker Middle East Solution, Announces Israel Road Trip