FX continues to load up on blockbusters, acquiring the TV rights to The Purge (Universal), Fast & Furious 6 (Universal), Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount), and this past weekend’s box-office champ, Man of Steel (Warner Bros.) The Network has also picked up This Is The End (Sony) – last weekend’s #2 film — along with The Internship (Fox) and Epic (Fox). With the latest acquisitions, FX has now secured 71% of the highest-grossing weekend films of 2013 – 17 out of 24 weekend releases. The new movies join the previously announced acquisitions of past weekend #1s Iron Man 3 (Paramount), Pain and Gain (Paramount), Oblivion (Universal), The Croods (DreamWorks Animation/FOX), A Good Day to Die Hard (FOX), Evil Dead (Sony), Identity Thief (Universal), Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Paramount), Mama (Universal), and Zero Dark 30 (Sony). The films will make their premieres on the FX Networks in mid-to-late 2015.
FX Acquires ‘Man Of Steel’, ‘Fast & Furious 6’, ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ & ‘The Purge’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Michael Jackson Estate Claims ABC Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer
- ‘The House Of The Spirits’ TV Series Based On Isabel Allende Novel In Works At Hulu From FilmNation Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference
- ESPN Confirms Expanded Deal For UFC Rights, Elbowing Out Fox
- ‘Watchmen’: Regina King, Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Andrew Howard Among Six Cast In Damon Lindelof’s…
- ‘Married At First Sight’ To Anchor Lifetime’s New Tuesday Relationship Block