Under Fox International Channels, Fox Sports has increased its subscribers outside the U.S. from 17 million to more than 64 million in the past three years. The network has expanded in places like Japan, Brazil, Southeast Asia and the Netherlands. Next up is the August kickoff of Fox Sports Italy with a soccer-heavy roster that includes matches from the British Premiere League, Spain’s La Liga, the French League and the FA Cup alongside a slate of sports talk shows. In a separate but related report, The Guardian said this weekend that Fox is exploring a plan to create a summer soccer league featuring Europe’s top clubs with matches to be aired globally by the new 21st Century Fox’s broadcasters starting in 2015. The games would be played in Europe, Asia and the Americas with cities bidding to act as host, à la Formula 1 races, the report said, while warning the proposal is at its early stages. Top soccer sides have increasingly been exporting their brands on the global stage. This summer, the Guinness International Champions Cup will be played in the U.S. and Europe from July 27-August 7. Among the eight participating teams are Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus and Valencia. Those games are to be aired by Fox Soccer and Fox Sports.
Fox Sports To Launch In Italy + Is A New Summer Soccer League Afoot?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- White House: No Recording Of Donald Trump’s Phone Call To Widow Of Soldier Killed In ISIS Ambush
- David Zaslav Talks Scripps, Skinny Bundles & Going Direct-To-Consumer – Mipcom
- The Irwin Family Returning To Animal Planet With New Projects – Mipcom
- Critical Content Takes Stake In UK’s Renowned Films – Mipcom
- ‘Skam’: Facebook Watch Orders U.S. Version Of Norwegian Teen Hit – Mipcom
- Eurosport Teams With Snap In Olympics Content Partnership – Mipcom