Under Fox International Channels, Fox Sports has increased its subscribers outside the U.S. from 17 million to more than 64 million in the past three years. The network has expanded in places like Japan, Brazil, Southeast Asia and the Netherlands. Next up is the August kickoff of Fox Sports Italy with a soccer-heavy roster that includes matches from the British Premiere League, Spain’s La Liga, the French League and the FA Cup alongside a slate of sports talk shows. In a separate but related report, The Guardian said this weekend that Fox is exploring a plan to create a summer soccer league featuring Europe’s top clubs with matches to be aired globally by the new 21st Century Fox’s broadcasters starting in 2015. The games would be played in Europe, Asia and the Americas with cities bidding to act as host, à la Formula 1 races, the report said, while warning the proposal is at its early stages. Top soccer sides have increasingly been exporting their brands on the global stage. This summer, the Guinness International Champions Cup will be played in the U.S. and Europe from July 27-August 7. Among the eight participating teams are Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus and Valencia. Those games are to be aired by Fox Soccer and Fox Sports.
Fox Sports To Launch In Italy + Is A New Summer Soccer League Afoot?
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest International News
- Fox Film Boss Stacey Snider On Industry Consolidation Like Disney-Fox: “Just Buckle Up And Take The Ride”…
- ‘Avatar’ Producer Jon Landau Updates On Sequel & ‘Alita: Battle Angel’ – CinemaCon
- Guy Pearce Stars & Imperative’s Dan Friedkin Directs ‘Lyrebird’, About Art Forger Whose Paintings…
- Will Forte & Claudia O’Doherty Join Cast Of Irish Comedy ‘Extra Ordinary’
- BFI Responds To Labour’s Damning Diversity Verdict And Call For Inclusion Riders With Film & TV Tax Relief
- Comcast Makes Formal $31B Rival Bid For Pay TV Giant Sky, Directors Nix Fox Recommendation