News Corp‘s new 24-hour national sports network launches August 17 with plans to become the main rival to Disney’s ESPN. Fox Sports 1 has revealed it will be making its biggest marketing push yet beginning with a 90-second ad to air during Fox’s coverage of baseball’s All-Star Game on July 13. The network has enlisted major names to star in the commercial, according to USA Today, including NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne, NFL players Joe Flacco and Patrick Willis, baseball’s Bryce Harper, U.S. women’s soccer star Alex Morgan, Mike Tyson and coaches like USC’s Lane Kiffin. Fox has enlisted David Fincher’s Jeff Cronenweth as cinematographer and music video director Joseph Kahn to helm, the paper said. Pics from the Gordon-Kahne shoot are cropping up the network’s Twitter feed, with more than 150 crew members on that Concord, NC set alone. “In every way there is to quantify this, it’s the biggest (commercial) we’ve ever done”, Fox Sports marketing boss Robert Gottlieb told USA Today. “We want to make a big splash with this. This is the cherry on the cake”.
Big Fox Sports 1 Ad To Air During MLB All-Star Game
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer