News Corp‘s new 24-hour national sports network launches August 17 with plans to become the main rival to Disney’s ESPN. Fox Sports 1 has revealed it will be making its biggest marketing push yet beginning with a 90-second ad to air during Fox’s coverage of baseball’s All-Star Game on July 13. The network has enlisted major names to star in the commercial, according to USA Today, including NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne, NFL players Joe Flacco and Patrick Willis, baseball’s Bryce Harper, U.S. women’s soccer star Alex Morgan, Mike Tyson and coaches like USC’s Lane Kiffin. Fox has enlisted David Fincher’s Jeff Cronenweth as cinematographer and music video director Joseph Kahn to helm, the paper said. Pics from the Gordon-Kahne shoot are cropping up the network’s Twitter feed, with more than 150 crew members on that Concord, NC set alone. “In every way there is to quantify this, it’s the biggest (commercial) we’ve ever done”, Fox Sports marketing boss Robert Gottlieb told USA Today. “We want to make a big splash with this. This is the cherry on the cake”.
Big Fox Sports 1 Ad To Air During MLB All-Star Game
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong Un' Targets Christmas Shoppers: 'Weekend Update'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists