News Corp‘s new 24-hour national sports network launches August 17 with plans to become the main rival to Disney’s ESPN. Fox Sports 1 has revealed it will be making its biggest marketing push yet beginning with a 90-second ad to air during Fox’s coverage of baseball’s All-Star Game on July 13. The network has enlisted major names to star in the commercial, according to USA Today, including NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne, NFL players Joe Flacco and Patrick Willis, baseball’s Bryce Harper, U.S. women’s soccer star Alex Morgan, Mike Tyson and coaches like USC’s Lane Kiffin. Fox has enlisted David Fincher’s Jeff Cronenweth as cinematographer and music video director Joseph Kahn to helm, the paper said. Pics from the Gordon-Kahne shoot are cropping up the network’s Twitter feed, with more than 150 crew members on that Concord, NC set alone. “In every way there is to quantify this, it’s the biggest (commercial) we’ve ever done”, Fox Sports marketing boss Robert Gottlieb told USA Today. “We want to make a big splash with this. This is the cherry on the cake”.
Big Fox Sports 1 Ad To Air During MLB All-Star Game
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot