News Corp‘s new 24-hour national sports network launches August 17 with plans to become the main rival to Disney’s ESPN. Fox Sports 1 has revealed it will be making its biggest marketing push yet beginning with a 90-second ad to air during Fox’s coverage of baseball’s All-Star Game on July 13. The network has enlisted major names to star in the commercial, according to USA Today, including NASCAR drivers Jeff Gordon and Kasey Kahne, NFL players Joe Flacco and Patrick Willis, baseball’s Bryce Harper, U.S. women’s soccer star Alex Morgan, Mike Tyson and coaches like USC’s Lane Kiffin. Fox has enlisted David Fincher’s Jeff Cronenweth as cinematographer and music video director Joseph Kahn to helm, the paper said. Pics from the Gordon-Kahne shoot are cropping up the network’s Twitter feed, with more than 150 crew members on that Concord, NC set alone. “In every way there is to quantify this, it’s the biggest (commercial) we’ve ever done”, Fox Sports marketing boss Robert Gottlieb told USA Today. “We want to make a big splash with this. This is the cherry on the cake”.
Big Fox Sports 1 Ad To Air During MLB All-Star Game
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt