Well, a new trailer for the upcoming second season of HBO’s The Newsroom certainly got a reaction on Fox News Channel. The cable news network’s The Five lambasted the Aaron Sorkin show today as a “liberal fantasy.” While admitting that he liked The Social Network pic that Sorkin wrote, co-host Greg Gutfeld went after Newsroom for how he saw its depiction of the Tea Party and Occupy Wall Street movement. “So Hollywood gets everything wrong again. If Newsroom covered Roman Polanski’s crimes, they’d change the 13-year-old girl to 13-year-old Scotch,” said Gutfeld about the Sorkin series and Tinseltown. Last season, Newsroom called the Tea Party the “American Taliban.” Sorkin has said that Season 2 of the fictional cable news show will address that issue further as well as deal with the 2012 Presidential election. Check out the clip from The Five today here:
HBO’s ‘The Newsroom’ Slammed By Fox News As “Liberal Fantasy”: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Latest TV News
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios
- Netflix Reports Fourth-Quarter Earnings Beat Estimates, Thanks To ‘The Crown’ And ‘Bright’
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order…
- Fox Names 2018 Writers Lab Participants
- Motion Picture Sound Editors Reveal Golden Reel Nominations