The News Corp unit isn’t offering specific numbers. But it says that sales are up enough to make Fox Cable Networks one of the industry’s leaders for this upfront season measured by revenue growth. “Fox Cable Networks has once again demonstrated that its channels are some of the most desired brands in the ad supported space,” says Advertising Sales President Lou LaTorre. The company will help partners “achieve their goals and look(s) forward to a very successful year for all.” National Geographic and FX are believed to have been among the leaders for Fox Cable, with sales growth about twice the average for the overall market. Last year all national ad-supported cable networks generated $9.8B in upfront sales commitments, up 5% vs 2011, the Cabletelevision Advertising Bureau reports.
Fox Cable Networks Says Upfront Sales Are Completed
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Suddenlink To Drop Viacom Channels In Dispute Over Contract Terms
- FCC Spikes Its Sports Blackout Rules
- Regal Won't Show 'Crouching Tiger 2′ On Its IMAX Screens
- DreamWorks Animation's Negotiations With SoftBank Have Cooled: Report
- What Is SoftBank, And Why Might It Want DreamWorks Animation?