Ira Rubenstein was named CEO of new digital company MeeMee Media effective immediately, the company announced today. He also was appointed to MeeMee’s board of directors. Rubenstein, along with executive chairman Martin Doane, will set the strategy and vision for the company and will oversee all company operations based in MeeMee’s Los Angeles office. Rubenstein has spent the last 20 years working in digital and studio media, most recently as EVP Digital Marketing for 20th Century Fox where he implemented social and mobile digital marketing campaigns for Prometheus, Chronicle and Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes. Before that he was EVP, Global Digital Media Group of Marvel Entertainment/The Walt Disney Company where he launched the Marvel Digital Comic Book app and managed the growth of Marvel’s digital distribution of comic books and video assets as well as growth in the mobile game space. Rubenstein also has held leadership positions at Sony Corp. of America and Sony Pictures.
Former Fox, Marvel/Disney Exec Ira Rubenstein Named CEO MeeMee Media
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake