EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck has returned to CAA. Henckel von Donnersmarck blazed on the scene after the German filmmaker wrote and directed 2006’s The Lives Of Others, which won him the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and generated $77 million at the worldwide box office on a $3 million budget. A bright man who speaks five languages, he was expected to soar in Hollywood, but that ascent has been a slow one. He has bounced in and out of numerous project since then, and directed the Angelina Jolie-Johnny Depp film The Tourist, which disappointed in the U.S. comparative to that star power but grossed a solid $278 million worldwide. He had most recently been at UTA.
CAA Signs Florian Henckel Von Donnersmarck, Oscar-Winning Helmer Of ‘The Lives Of Others’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'