EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck has returned to CAA. Henckel von Donnersmarck blazed on the scene after the German filmmaker wrote and directed 2006’s The Lives Of Others, which won him the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film and generated $77 million at the worldwide box office on a $3 million budget. A bright man who speaks five languages, he was expected to soar in Hollywood, but that ascent has been a slow one. He has bounced in and out of numerous project since then, and directed the Angelina Jolie-Johnny Depp film The Tourist, which disappointed in the U.S. comparative to that star power but grossed a solid $278 million worldwide. He had most recently been at UTA.
CAA Signs Florian Henckel Von Donnersmarck, Oscar-Winning Helmer Of ‘The Lives Of Others’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest