EXCLUSIVE: Flavor Unit Entertainment partners Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere are teaming with Meek Mill and James Lindsay of Dream Chasers Films to produce a film based on Mill’s song “The Tony Story“. Mill will star in the film which is a fictional American crime drama influenced by Mill’s experiences growing up hard in Philadelphia. The script is being written by Carlito Rodriguez. Directing will be Cess Silvera, who helmed an excellent 2002 crime film called Shottas.
Flavor Unit Sets Pic From Meek Mill Song ‘The Tony Story'; Rapper Will Star, Cess Silvera To Helm
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter