EXCLUSIVE: Flavor Unit Entertainment partners Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere are teaming with Meek Mill and James Lindsay of Dream Chasers Films to produce a film based on Mill’s song “The Tony Story“. Mill will star in the film which is a fictional American crime drama influenced by Mill’s experiences growing up hard in Philadelphia. The script is being written by Carlito Rodriguez. Directing will be Cess Silvera, who helmed an excellent 2002 crime film called Shottas.
Flavor Unit Sets Pic From Meek Mill Song ‘The Tony Story'; Rapper Will Star, Cess Silvera To Helm
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA