EXCLUSIVE: Flavor Unit Entertainment partners Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere are teaming with Meek Mill and James Lindsay of Dream Chasers Films to produce a film based on Mill’s song “The Tony Story“. Mill will star in the film which is a fictional American crime drama influenced by Mill’s experiences growing up hard in Philadelphia. The script is being written by Carlito Rodriguez. Directing will be Cess Silvera, who helmed an excellent 2002 crime film called Shottas.
Flavor Unit Sets Pic From Meek Mill Song ‘The Tony Story'; Rapper Will Star, Cess Silvera To Helm
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office 4-Day: 'Guardians' No. 1 With $280M Cume; 'As Above' Best Of Newcomers; 'Cantinflas' Opens Well
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'