EXCLUSIVE: Flavor Unit Entertainment partners Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere are teaming with Meek Mill and James Lindsay of Dream Chasers Films to produce a film based on Mill’s song “The Tony Story“. Mill will star in the film which is a fictional American crime drama influenced by Mill’s experiences growing up hard in Philadelphia. The script is being written by Carlito Rodriguez. Directing will be Cess Silvera, who helmed an excellent 2002 crime film called Shottas.
Flavor Unit Sets Pic From Meek Mill Song ‘The Tony Story'; Rapper Will Star, Cess Silvera To Helm
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation