Universal Pictures today announced that Fast & Furious 6 has become the fastest film to climb to $500 million at the worldwide box office in the studio’s history. To date, the street racing actioner turned heist movie turned terrorist plot pic has earned $180.3 million in North America and $342.2 million internationally, with Wednesday’s theatrical grosses pushing past $500 million worldwide. The Justin Lin-directed Vin Diesel and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson starrer opened #1 in all 60 territories and held the top slot worldwide for two weeks in a row. The sixth installment in the franchise scored Universal’s highest grossing opening weekend of all time and is the biggest in Universal’s homegrown Fast & Furious franchise.
‘Fast 6’ Races To $500M At Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
Latest Box Office News
- Sex, Rebellion & The Sexual Revolution Outed In ‘Cloud Nine’ – Review
- ‘The Martian’ Opens To $44.6M, Will Pass $100M Worldwide Today – Int’l Box Final
- ‘Martian’ 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips ‘Walk’…
- Broadway Box Office Inches Back Up; ‘Finding Neverland’ Off 40% Since August
- Will Free Tickets To ‘School Of Rock’ Spur Younger Broadway Audience?
- Specialty Box Office: ‘He Named Me Malala’ Tops A Lackluster Weekend; ‘Jafar Panahi’s Taxi…