Universal Pictures today announced that Fast & Furious 6 has become the fastest film to climb to $500 million at the worldwide box office in the studio’s history. To date, the street racing actioner turned heist movie turned terrorist plot pic has earned $180.3 million in North America and $342.2 million internationally, with Wednesday’s theatrical grosses pushing past $500 million worldwide. The Justin Lin-directed Vin Diesel and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson starrer opened #1 in all 60 territories and held the top slot worldwide for two weeks in a row. The sixth installment in the franchise scored Universal’s highest grossing opening weekend of all time and is the biggest in Universal’s homegrown Fast & Furious franchise.
‘Fast 6’ Races To $500M At Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Deadpool’ Conquers Thursday With $12.7M, Sets Record For R-Rated Preview
- Paramount Dates A Trio Of ‘Transformers’ Sequels; Collides With ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Godzilla 2’
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Scott Rudin & Aaron Sorkin Will Bring ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ To Broadway