Universal Pictures today announced that Fast & Furious 6 has become the fastest film to climb to $500 million at the worldwide box office in the studio’s history. To date, the street racing actioner turned heist movie turned terrorist plot pic has earned $180.3 million in North America and $342.2 million internationally, with Wednesday’s theatrical grosses pushing past $500 million worldwide. The Justin Lin-directed Vin Diesel and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson starrer opened #1 in all 60 territories and held the top slot worldwide for two weeks in a row. The sixth installment in the franchise scored Universal’s highest grossing opening weekend of all time and is the biggest in Universal’s homegrown Fast & Furious franchise.
‘Fast 6’ Races To $500M At Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Box Office News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- Taraji P. Henson Reads Minds Of Exhib Chiefs During ‘What Men Want’ Session – Paramount At CinemaCon
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon
- Fox Film Boss Stacey Snider On Industry Consolidation Like Disney-Fox: “Just Buckle Up And Take The Ride”…