Universal Pictures today announced that Fast & Furious 6 has become the fastest film to climb to $500 million at the worldwide box office in the studio’s history. To date, the street racing actioner turned heist movie turned terrorist plot pic has earned $180.3 million in North America and $342.2 million internationally, with Wednesday’s theatrical grosses pushing past $500 million worldwide. The Justin Lin-directed Vin Diesel and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson starrer opened #1 in all 60 territories and held the top slot worldwide for two weeks in a row. The sixth installment in the franchise scored Universal’s highest grossing opening weekend of all time and is the biggest in Universal’s homegrown Fast & Furious franchise.
‘Fast 6’ Races To $500M At Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Box Office News
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Brings #Ham4Ham Live Performance For ‘Hamilton’ Opening Night In L.A.
- L.A. Film Czar Ken Ziffren Says Premium VOD For Studios Still In Limbo
- ‘Tulip Fever’ Release Date Shifts Into September
- ‘Wolf’ Whistles To $685M; ‘Annabelle’ Conjures $35M+; ‘Spider-Man’ Leaps Past $700M WW – International…
- ‘Groundhog Day’ Ending Broadway Run Next Month
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets 2’ Will Be Unleashed A Month Earlier