Universal Pictures today announced that Fast & Furious 6 has become the fastest film to climb to $500 million at the worldwide box office in the studio’s history. To date, the street racing actioner turned heist movie turned terrorist plot pic has earned $180.3 million in North America and $342.2 million internationally, with Wednesday’s theatrical grosses pushing past $500 million worldwide. The Justin Lin-directed Vin Diesel and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson starrer opened #1 in all 60 territories and held the top slot worldwide for two weeks in a row. The sixth installment in the franchise scored Universal’s highest grossing opening weekend of all time and is the biggest in Universal’s homegrown Fast & Furious franchise.
‘Fast 6’ Races To $500M At Global Box Office
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Hamilton’s $3.1M Week Keeps Broadway Box Office On An Even Keel
- What Oscar’s Best Picture Snafu Spells For ‘Moonlight’ & ‘La La Land’ At The B.O.; There’s A…
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China With Record $94.3M Debut – International Box Office
- Oscar Nominee 'My Life As a Zucchini' Opens Solid; Spirit Winner 'Moonlight' Over $22M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ Grosses Massive $70M In Two Days, $33M First Day In China