On a night that saw competition from Game 2 of the NBA Finals and the Season 3 finale of Game Of Thrones over on HBO, Falling Skies returned for its third season on Sunday with just over 4.2 million viewers. The two-hour season premiere of the Steven Spielberg produced sci-fi series was down from the 4.5 million who watched its Season 2 debut on June 17, 2012. Among Adults 18-49 the premiere garnered 1.9 million adults, which is about even with last season’s pull in the demo. Among the younger set, Falling Skies posted significant gains, drawing 772,000 adults 18-34, up 24% over last year’s season premiere. Falling Skies launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 in 2011. Among adults 25-54, last night’s Falling Skies was watched by 2.1 million viewers.
TNT’s ‘Falling Skies’ Season 3 Debut On Par With Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast