On a night that saw competition from Game 2 of the NBA Finals and the Season 3 finale of Game Of Thrones over on HBO, Falling Skies returned for its third season on Sunday with just over 4.2 million viewers. The two-hour season premiere of the Steven Spielberg produced sci-fi series was down from the 4.5 million who watched its Season 2 debut on June 17, 2012. Among Adults 18-49 the premiere garnered 1.9 million adults, which is about even with last season’s pull in the demo. Among the younger set, Falling Skies posted significant gains, drawing 772,000 adults 18-34, up 24% over last year’s season premiere. Falling Skies launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 in 2011. Among adults 25-54, last night’s Falling Skies was watched by 2.1 million viewers.
TNT’s ‘Falling Skies’ Season 3 Debut On Par With Last Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members