On a night that saw competition from Game 2 of the NBA Finals and the Season 3 finale of Game Of Thrones over on HBO, Falling Skies returned for its third season on Sunday with just over 4.2 million viewers. The two-hour season premiere of the Steven Spielberg produced sci-fi series was down from the 4.5 million who watched its Season 2 debut on June 17, 2012. Among Adults 18-49 the premiere garnered 1.9 million adults, which is about even with last season’s pull in the demo. Among the younger set, Falling Skies posted significant gains, drawing 772,000 adults 18-34, up 24% over last year’s season premiere. Falling Skies launched as basic cable’s No. 1 new series in adults 18-49 in 2011. Among adults 25-54, last night’s Falling Skies was watched by 2.1 million viewers.
TNT’s ‘Falling Skies’ Season 3 Debut On Par With Last Year
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Patten
- Hillary Clinton Raises Record $2.1M At Jeffrey Katzenberg Co-Hosted Hollywood Fundraiser
- UTA & 'Trouble With The Curve' Writer Hit With New $5M Lawsuit Over Clint Eastwood Pic
- 'The Walking Dead' Ratings Solid In Week 2 Against Peyton Manning & 'SNF' Rebound
- 'Femme Fatales' Actress Loses Legal Move Against Cinemax Late Night Series Producer
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Rise, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Up Again, ABC's Night Steady
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Soar Behind Peyton Manning's Record-Breaking TD Pass