Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich are among the names in the mix for The Expendables 3, for which Lionsgate has now set an August 15, 2014 release. Production begins in mid-August on the latest installment in the action-est of action franchises, which Sylvester Stallone is behind and Aussie helmer Patrick Hughes will direct. The first two pics grossed $575 million worldwide, making it the biggest franchise play for producer Millennium Films. Also today, Lionsgate re-dated Summit Entertainment’s Escape Plan for October 18, 2013, shifting it from September 13 after originally slating it for September 27. The action thriller formerly known as The Tomb stars Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger and tells the story of the world’s foremost authority on structural security who has to escape from the master prison of his own design. Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan also star, and Mikael Hafstrom directed a script by Miles Chapman.
‘Expendables 3’ Gets August 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Boss Ted Sarandos Talks Ratings, New Original Programming Spending Increase & 'Stranger Things' Renewal - TCA
Latest Film News
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’
- ‘The Life And Death Of John Gotti’ Cast Locked
- Ben Foster Rounds Out Scott Cooper’s ‘Hostiles’ Cast As Shooting Starts