Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich are among the names in the mix for The Expendables 3, for which Lionsgate has now set an August 15, 2014 release. Production begins in mid-August on the latest installment in the action-est of action franchises, which Sylvester Stallone is behind and Aussie helmer Patrick Hughes will direct. The first two pics grossed $575 million worldwide, making it the biggest franchise play for producer Millennium Films. Also today, Lionsgate re-dated Summit Entertainment’s Escape Plan for October 18, 2013, shifting it from September 13 after originally slating it for September 27. The action thriller formerly known as The Tomb stars Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger and tells the story of the world’s foremost authority on structural security who has to escape from the master prison of his own design. Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan also star, and Mikael Hafstrom directed a script by Miles Chapman.
‘Expendables 3′ Gets August 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption