Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich are among the names in the mix for The Expendables 3, for which Lionsgate has now set an August 15, 2014 release. Production begins in mid-August on the latest installment in the action-est of action franchises, which Sylvester Stallone is behind and Aussie helmer Patrick Hughes will direct. The first two pics grossed $575 million worldwide, making it the biggest franchise play for producer Millennium Films. Also today, Lionsgate re-dated Summit Entertainment’s Escape Plan for October 18, 2013, shifting it from September 13 after originally slating it for September 27. The action thriller formerly known as The Tomb stars Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger and tells the story of the world’s foremost authority on structural security who has to escape from the master prison of his own design. Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan also star, and Mikael Hafstrom directed a script by Miles Chapman.
‘Expendables 3’ Gets August 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Turner & Warner Bros Team Up To Launch Movie SVOD Service FilmStruck Globally
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility