Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich are among the names in the mix for The Expendables 3, for which Lionsgate has now set an August 15, 2014 release. Production begins in mid-August on the latest installment in the action-est of action franchises, which Sylvester Stallone is behind and Aussie helmer Patrick Hughes will direct. The first two pics grossed $575 million worldwide, making it the biggest franchise play for producer Millennium Films. Also today, Lionsgate re-dated Summit Entertainment’s Escape Plan for October 18, 2013, shifting it from September 13 after originally slating it for September 27. The action thriller formerly known as The Tomb stars Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger and tells the story of the world’s foremost authority on structural security who has to escape from the master prison of his own design. Jim Caviezel, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Vinnie Jones, Vincent D’Onofrio and Amy Ryan also star, and Mikael Hafstrom directed a script by Miles Chapman.
‘Expendables 3′ Gets August 2014 Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists
- Emmy-Winning Daytime TV Director Larry Auerbach, Dead At 91
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award