Epix stands to benefit if cable operators conclude that they need more options for subscribers who want to stream movies. And the survey results released at the annual Cable Show in DC seem to help the premium channel’s cause. It found that 71% of pay TV subscribers consider it to be an “excellent/good” value when they can view their content on three devices in addition to the tube. In Epix’s case, 62% of its subscribers are satisfied with the service when they just receive it on TV. The number rises to 80% when they can watch the channel’s shows on two or three devices — and rises again to 94% when shows are available on four or more devices. “Flexibility is really important in the delivery and packaging of programming services and those distributors who recognize this will be able to increase the satisfaction levels of their customers,” says Epix Chief of Staff Nora Ryan. “We remain committed to working closely with our operating partners to provide our authenticated subscribers access to the best content and extra features in all the ways they want it.” The numbers come from a survey that Hub Entertainment Research conducted in March among 1,936 TV viewers ages 16 to 64 who also have home broadband.
Epix-Commissioned Survey Supports Value Of TV Everywhere: Cable Show
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- ‘Oslo’ Continues Awards Spree; ‘Indecent’s Paula Vogel, Too: The Obies
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- UTA Gets In On Action, Inks Nitro Circus
- Big Media CEO Compensation Rose 21% In 2016: Is It More Out Of Whack Than Ever?
- Who’s Afraid Of Edward Albee? Dramatists Guild Backs ‘Virginia Woolf’ Playwright In Casting Dispute
- U.S.-Asia Institute Organizing Members Of Congress To Go To China In August