Deadline’s Awards Columnist Pete Hammond has a simple wish: How about some competition in the Emmy Reality Competition category? With just one week left for voters to pick their nominees for this year’s awards, Hammond suggests some alternatives to The Amazing Race, which has won all but one year the category has existed. He also has says that, though American Idol has little chance of nabbing a nom this year, its host Ryan Seacrest is way past due to win as Best Reality Host.
ENTV: Pete Hammond On Emmy Reality Contenders
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- Oscar Producers Blast Trade Story That Called Neil Patrick Harris An “Also-Ran” And Not First Choice To Host
- Matthew McConaughey Gets A 'Stellar' Tribute From American Cinematheque
- 'John Wick' Review: Pete Hammond on Keanu Reeves' Killer Film
- Oscars: 'Birdman' Flew Sky High In Theaters, But How Did It Play With Academy Voters?
- AFI Fest Adds 'The Homesman' Gala And Conversations With Keaton, Norton And Deakins
- Oscar Watch: How Elaine Stritch And Other Showbiz Documentaries Hope To Grab The Eyes – And Hearts – Of Voters