Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond culls his pile of screeners to find some of the most worthy nominees for the Emmy Movies & Miniseries category, with Behind The Candelabra and Michael Douglas as likely leading candidates this year. But there is a special plea for Elisabeth Moss, either for her work in Top Of The Lake or for her years of work in Mad Men, whose cast has never won an acting nod. Don’t count out the ratings smash The Bible, and Hammond has special regard for the Alfred Hitchcock-Tippi Hedren story told in The Girl. Check it out:
ENTV: Pete Hammond On Emmy Miniseries & Movies Contenders
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- Toronto: 'The Imitation Game' Named Festival's People's Choice Winner – Oscar Harbinger?
- Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
- Deadline @ Toronto: Oscar-Worthy Pics Keep Coming (Video)
- Toronto: Jennifer Aniston Sparks Oscar Buzz With Game-Changing Drama 'Cake'
- Deadline @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On A Grand 'Theory' And More (Video)
- Toronto: 'Theory Of Everything' Sends Oscar Race Into Early Overdrive As TIFF World Premieres Keep On Coming