EXCLUSIVE: Ed Burns has been tapped to play notorious mobster Bugsy Siegel in a recurring role on Frank Darabont’s upcoming TNT series Lost Angels. Additionally, Robert Knepper, originally cast as a recurring, has been upped to a regular on the 1940s-set crime drama. Based on the John Buntin book L.A. Noir, Lost Angels follows the turmoil surrounding the LAPD and ruthless criminal activities led by gangster Mickey Cohen (Jeremy Luke). After moving from the East Coast to California, Siegel quickly established himself as the Los Angeles mob leader in the late 1930s and early 1940s, with Cohen as his chief lieutenant. Siegel also was a Hollywood fixture, throwing lavish parties for Tinseltown’s biggest names. Knepper plays Sid Rothman, a rank-and-file mobster working for Cohen. The actor recently became available for a regular gig after his CW series Cult ended following a brief run.
Ed Burns To Play Bugsy Siegel On ‘Lost Angels’, Robert Knepper Upped To Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nielsen Mystery: Why Are ABC's Fast National Ratings Grossly Underreported?
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox