EXCLUSIVE: Ed Burns has been tapped to play notorious mobster Bugsy Siegel in a recurring role on Frank Darabont’s upcoming TNT series Lost Angels. Additionally, Robert Knepper, originally cast as a recurring, has been upped to a regular on the 1940s-set crime drama. Based on the John Buntin book L.A. Noir, Lost Angels follows the turmoil surrounding the LAPD and ruthless criminal activities led by gangster Mickey Cohen (Jeremy Luke). After moving from the East Coast to California, Siegel quickly established himself as the Los Angeles mob leader in the late 1930s and early 1940s, with Cohen as his chief lieutenant. Siegel also was a Hollywood fixture, throwing lavish parties for Tinseltown’s biggest names. Knepper plays Sid Rothman, a rank-and-file mobster working for Cohen. The actor recently became available for a regular gig after his CW series Cult ended following a brief run.
Ed Burns To Play Bugsy Siegel On ‘Lost Angels’, Robert Knepper Upped To Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage