Sundance Selects keeps filling up its dance card. The distributor has acquired North American rights to Dancing In Jaffa, Hilla Medalia’s Tribeca 2013 docu about ballroom dancer Pierre Dulaine, who travels home to Israel to train Jewish and Palestinian kids from five diverse local schools. Exec produced by Morgan Spurlock, LaToya Jackson, and So You Think You Can Dance‘s Nigel Lythgoe, Dancing In Jaffa joins good company at Sundance Selects which previously distributed dance-themed documentaries Pina from Wim Wenders and First Position by Bess Kargman. Diane Nabatoff, Neta Zwebner-Zaibert, and Medalia produced the pic, which was co-produced by Keshet Broadcasting LTD. Jeremy Chilnick and Jeffré Phillips, Dan Setton, J. Arnhold, Robert Machinist, and Jonathan Shukat also exec produced with Sydney Holland as co-exec producer. Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with Preferred Content and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. K5 is handling international sales.
Sundance Selects Lines Up Docu ‘Dancing In Jaffa’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'