Sundance Selects keeps filling up its dance card. The distributor has acquired North American rights to Dancing In Jaffa, Hilla Medalia’s Tribeca 2013 docu about ballroom dancer Pierre Dulaine, who travels home to Israel to train Jewish and Palestinian kids from five diverse local schools. Exec produced by Morgan Spurlock, LaToya Jackson, and So You Think You Can Dance‘s Nigel Lythgoe, Dancing In Jaffa joins good company at Sundance Selects which previously distributed dance-themed documentaries Pina from Wim Wenders and First Position by Bess Kargman. Diane Nabatoff, Neta Zwebner-Zaibert, and Medalia produced the pic, which was co-produced by Keshet Broadcasting LTD. Jeremy Chilnick and Jeffré Phillips, Dan Setton, J. Arnhold, Robert Machinist, and Jonathan Shukat also exec produced with Sydney Holland as co-exec producer. Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Jeff Deutchman negotiated the deal with Preferred Content and UTA Independent Film Group on behalf of the filmmakers. K5 is handling international sales.
Sundance Selects Lines Up Docu ‘Dancing In Jaffa’
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’