Last month, BBC One set Matthew Rhys to play Mr. Darcy in Death Comes To Pemberley, the three-part serial based on P.D. James’ suspense novel which revisits Jane Austen’s most iconic characters. A vast lineup of British TV talent has now been added to the cast, including Doctor Who star Jenna-Louise Coleman as Lydia Wickham, the sister of Austen’s Pride And Prejudice heroine Elizabeth Bennett. As previously announced, Anna Maxwell Martin is playing Bennett and Matthew Goode is George Wickham, Lydia’s husband. The story picks up six years into Elizabeth and Darcy’s marriage as they prepare for their annual ball. When Lydia arrives, she brings a shocking halt to the proceedings and a murder investigation unfolds. Also joining the cast are Trevor Eve (Waking The Dead), Rebecca Front (The Thick Of It), James Fleet (Sense And Sensibility), Penelope Keith (To The Manor Born), Joanna Scanlan (The Thick of It), Tom Ward (Silent Witness), Eleanor Tomlinson (The White Queen) and James Norton (Rush). Calendar Girls‘ Juliette Towhidi penned the adaptation which will be directed by Daniel Percival (Crossing Lines). Shooting starts this month in Yorkshire. Origin Pictures is producing for BBC One.
‘Doctor Who’s Jenna-Louise Coleman Joins BBC One’s ‘Death Comes To Pemberley’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest
- Protagonist Makes Key Hires; Kickstarts U.S. Production/Acquisition Activities