BREAKING: Disney has cast Ed Oxenbould to play the title role in Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. The young thesp joins Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner in the Miguel Arteta-directed adaptation of the Judith Viorst book that parents read to their kids over and over. The film, which hits theaters October 10, 2014, follows young Alexander through the mishaps of a terrible day for his family after he wishes they all would experience the same troubles he does. 21 Laps and The Jim Henson Company are producing. The young actor was chosen after a lengthy search, and as you can see, he has the head of hair necessary for a wad of gum to get stuck in it after he left it on the bedpost the night before. Oxenbould is managed in the US by Dan Spilo and Laura Hersh at Industry Entertainment and in Australia by Sophie Jermyn at Sophie Jermyn Management.
Disney Finds Title Character Of ‘Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day’
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First