BREAKING: Disney has cast Ed Oxenbould to play the title role in Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. The young thesp joins Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner in the Miguel Arteta-directed adaptation of the Judith Viorst book that parents read to their kids over and over. The film, which hits theaters October 10, 2014, follows young Alexander through the mishaps of a terrible day for his family after he wishes they all would experience the same troubles he does. 21 Laps and The Jim Henson Company are producing. The young actor was chosen after a lengthy search, and as you can see, he has the head of hair necessary for a wad of gum to get stuck in it after he left it on the bedpost the night before. Oxenbould is managed in the US by Dan Spilo and Laura Hersh at Industry Entertainment and in Australia by Sophie Jermyn at Sophie Jermyn Management.
Disney Finds Title Character Of ‘Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Are Studios Driving The Lazy Road Paved By Detroit Automakers?
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Circling Edward Snowden Role In Oliver Stone Film
- TIFF 2014: How Chris Rock, New Distribution Blood Fueled Film Deals
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF