BREAKING: Disney has cast Ed Oxenbould to play the title role in Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. The young thesp joins Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner in the Miguel Arteta-directed adaptation of the Judith Viorst book that parents read to their kids over and over. The film, which hits theaters October 10, 2014, follows young Alexander through the mishaps of a terrible day for his family after he wishes they all would experience the same troubles he does. 21 Laps and The Jim Henson Company are producing. The young actor was chosen after a lengthy search, and as you can see, he has the head of hair necessary for a wad of gum to get stuck in it after he left it on the bedpost the night before. Oxenbould is managed in the US by Dan Spilo and Laura Hersh at Industry Entertainment and in Australia by Sophie Jermyn at Sophie Jermyn Management.
Disney Finds Title Character Of ‘Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start