Presumably Discovery Channel would like to continue to do business with Nik Wallenda, after his live Sunday high-wire walk garnered good numbers for the network — weekly ratings came out this morning and Wallenda’s actual walk, which Discovery reported clocked 13 million viewers, would be the week’s fourth-most-watched telecast behind two nights of NBA Finals on ABC and one night of The Voice on NBC. And, after the walk, Wallenda said he was looking forward to working again with NBC News’ Today B-team, Willie Geist and Natalie Morales. They’d hosted Discovery’s coverage of the walk, which was produced for Discovery by NBCUniversal’s Peacock Productions (Today got the Wallenda interview the next morning). Not wanting to do business with Wallenda is the city of New York, where Wallenda announced during Sunday’s post-walk blah, blah, blah that he’d like to do his next made-for-TV wire walk between the Chrysler Building and the Empire State Building. NYC Police Commissioner Ray Kelly told the local CBS station the city will not give Wallenda, who last year crossed Niagara Falls for ABC, permission to walk the 4,000 feet between the two iconic buildings. Discovery and Peacock Prods: you’ve got your work cut out for you.
Discovery Star Nik Wallenda Won’t Get OK For NYC Walk, Says Police Commissioner
What's Hot on Deadline
More From de Moraes
- Mercedes-Benz’s Super Bowl Ad Directed By Robert Stromberg – Video
- Jon Stewart Pounds Don Lemon For Blizzard Coverage – Video
- GoDaddy.com’s Super Bowl Ad Yanked After Being Blasted By Puppy Lovers
- Paul Pastor Named EVP Network Strategy At Discovery Channel
- Did Fox News’ Blackout On Dish Help CNN Ratings In January?
- Kim Kardashian Lets ‘Conan’ Unveil Her Super Bowl Ad Plugging T-Mobile – Video