Showtime was the only network to land two shows on 3rd annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards‘ list of The Most Exciting New Series. Both of Showtime’s upcoming series, dramas Ray Donovan and Masters Of Sex, made the cut, along with CBS’ summer series Under The Dome, which was developed at Showtime before moving to sibling CBS. FX’s The Bridge also was honored, as well as two fall broadcast series: ABC’s drama Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and NBC comedy The Michael J. Fox Show. The most excited new series are voted based on pilots and early episodes, if available. Additionally, Bob Newhart was announced as the recipient of the 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Icon Award at the ceremony, slated for June 10 at The Beverly Hilton. It will be webcast live at 8pm PT on UStream. Celebrity presenters include Malin Akerman, Angela Bassett, Miranda Cosgrove, Hugh Dancy, Cat Deeley, Josh Gad, Johnny Galecki, Seth Green, Allison Janney, Tatiana Maslany, Maria Menounos, Elisabeth Moss, Kunal Nayyar, Jack Osbourne, Adam Pally, Sarah Paulson, Aubrey Plaza, Kevin Rahm, John Ratzenberger, Emmy Rossum, Jimmy Smits, Eric Stonestreet and Sam Trammell.
Critics’ Choice TV Awards Name Top New Series, Sets Bob Newhart For Icon Honor
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- DJ Nash Sells 2 Projects With Kapital Entertainment: Dramedy To ABC As Put Pilot, Comedy To CBS
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London
- Complex Networks And Fuse Media Agree To Share Content For Linear TV & Digital
- ‘Conan’ Reveals Trump-Obama Tapes: “Any Other Juicy Mandela Quotes You Could Throw My Way”?