Showtime was the only network to land two shows on 3rd annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards‘ list of The Most Exciting New Series. Both of Showtime’s upcoming series, dramas Ray Donovan and Masters Of Sex, made the cut, along with CBS’ summer series Under The Dome, which was developed at Showtime before moving to sibling CBS. FX’s The Bridge also was honored, as well as two fall broadcast series: ABC’s drama Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and NBC comedy The Michael J. Fox Show. The most excited new series are voted based on pilots and early episodes, if available. Additionally, Bob Newhart was announced as the recipient of the 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Icon Award at the ceremony, slated for June 10 at The Beverly Hilton. It will be webcast live at 8pm PT on UStream. Celebrity presenters include Malin Akerman, Angela Bassett, Miranda Cosgrove, Hugh Dancy, Cat Deeley, Josh Gad, Johnny Galecki, Seth Green, Allison Janney, Tatiana Maslany, Maria Menounos, Elisabeth Moss, Kunal Nayyar, Jack Osbourne, Adam Pally, Sarah Paulson, Aubrey Plaza, Kevin Rahm, John Ratzenberger, Emmy Rossum, Jimmy Smits, Eric Stonestreet and Sam Trammell.
Critics’ Choice TV Awards Name Top New Series, Sets Bob Newhart For Icon Honor
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate