Showtime was the only network to land two shows on 3rd annual Critics’ Choice Television Awards‘ list of The Most Exciting New Series. Both of Showtime’s upcoming series, dramas Ray Donovan and Masters Of Sex, made the cut, along with CBS’ summer series Under The Dome, which was developed at Showtime before moving to sibling CBS. FX’s The Bridge also was honored, as well as two fall broadcast series: ABC’s drama Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and NBC comedy The Michael J. Fox Show. The most excited new series are voted based on pilots and early episodes, if available. Additionally, Bob Newhart was announced as the recipient of the 2013 Critics’ Choice Television Icon Award at the ceremony, slated for June 10 at The Beverly Hilton. It will be webcast live at 8pm PT on UStream. Celebrity presenters include Malin Akerman, Angela Bassett, Miranda Cosgrove, Hugh Dancy, Cat Deeley, Josh Gad, Johnny Galecki, Seth Green, Allison Janney, Tatiana Maslany, Maria Menounos, Elisabeth Moss, Kunal Nayyar, Jack Osbourne, Adam Pally, Sarah Paulson, Aubrey Plaza, Kevin Rahm, John Ratzenberger, Emmy Rossum, Jimmy Smits, Eric Stonestreet and Sam Trammell.
Critics’ Choice TV Awards Name Top New Series, Sets Bob Newhart For Icon Honor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'