CORE Media Group has formed a partnership with the Israeli production company Tedy Prods. Under the agreement, Tedy will work closely with CORE’s U.S.-based head of TV Jen O’Connell as well as London-based Simon Shaps on developing and producing scripted and unscripted shows and formats for Israel and then the U.S., U.K. and overall international marketplace. The two companies are already collaborating on their first joint project, a drama from Ron Leshem and Amit Cohen, creators of Tedy Prods.’ Israeli series Gordin Cell, which was adapted for NBC by Peter Berg last development season. “Israel has created some of the most creative and entertaining shows and formats and we look forward to working with Tedy to build on that tradition,” CORE president Marc Graboff said. This marks the latest creative partnership for CORE. Its recently launched venture with veteran Canadian producer Noreen Halpern just landed a 3-for-1 series deal at NBC. The company also joined forces with Rhett Bachner and Brien Meagher’s B17 as well as Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner’s Hazy Mills Prods. Over the past two decades, Tedy has produced such popular Israeli series as Shemesh, A Star Is Born, Our Song, Savri Maranan, Comedy Store, Hashminia, Hapigamot, Alifim and Danny Hollywood, which also was adapted in the U.S. and went to pilot at the CW.
CORE Media Partners With Israeli Prod. Company Tedy, Puts Project In Development
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'