Conan O’Brien has been tapped to host Carson On TCM, a showcase of Hollywood interviews from Johnny Carson’s three decades as host of The Tonight Show. The series is set to air Mondays at 8 PM beginning July 1. O’Brien, host of Conan on TCM’s sister network TBS, will introduce five interviews each week on the series. Carson On TCM is a joint effort between Emmy and Peabody Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jones (Johnny Carson: King Of Late Night, TCM’s Stardust: The Bette Davis Story) of Peter Jones Productions and Jeff Sotzing of Carson Entertainment Group, which controls the Carson archives. The July 1 show will open with Johnny Carson’s 1982 interview with then-7-year-old Drew Barrymore. It will also feature interviews with Kirk Douglas (taped in 1988), Mary Tyler Moore (1978), writer Neil Simon (1980) and George Burns (1989). The July schedule for Carson on TCM will also feature interviews with such stars as Doris Day (taped in 1976), Charlton Heston (1976), Tony Curtis (1973), Shelley Winters (1975), Ronald Reagan (1975), Robin Williams (1981), Mel Brooks (1975), Bette Davis (1983), Fred Astaire (1979), Henry Fonda (1980), Elizabeth Taylor (1992) and William Holden (1976).
Conan O’Brien To Host ‘Carson On TCM’
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest TV News
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ EP Steve Pearlman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Alan Ball’s Drama ‘Here and Now’ Canceled By HBO After One Season
- New York AG Settles With Sharp Entertainment Over Unpaid Overtime; Reality Producer Responds – Update
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Co-Creator Daniel Powell Inks Animation Partnership With Comedy Central
- ‘The Walking Dead’s Lauren Cohan To Return For Season 9 Arc – Update
- Forest Whitaker To Topline Straight-To-Series Crime Drama At Epix