Conan O’Brien has been tapped to host Carson On TCM, a showcase of Hollywood interviews from Johnny Carson’s three decades as host of The Tonight Show. The series is set to air Mondays at 8 PM beginning July 1. O’Brien, host of Conan on TCM’s sister network TBS, will introduce five interviews each week on the series. Carson On TCM is a joint effort between Emmy and Peabody Award-winning filmmaker Peter Jones (Johnny Carson: King Of Late Night, TCM’s Stardust: The Bette Davis Story) of Peter Jones Productions and Jeff Sotzing of Carson Entertainment Group, which controls the Carson archives. The July 1 show will open with Johnny Carson’s 1982 interview with then-7-year-old Drew Barrymore. It will also feature interviews with Kirk Douglas (taped in 1988), Mary Tyler Moore (1978), writer Neil Simon (1980) and George Burns (1989). The July schedule for Carson on TCM will also feature interviews with such stars as Doris Day (taped in 1976), Charlton Heston (1976), Tony Curtis (1973), Shelley Winters (1975), Ronald Reagan (1975), Robin Williams (1981), Mel Brooks (1975), Bette Davis (1983), Fred Astaire (1979), Henry Fonda (1980), Elizabeth Taylor (1992) and William Holden (1976).
Conan O’Brien To Host ‘Carson On TCM’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Charlie Sheen: Winning For ‘Today’ Show
- Nigel Lythgoe To Return For ‘American Idol’ Finale As ‘SYTYCD’ Fate In Limbo
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Score With Patriots’ Defeat; ‘Quantico’ Down