Warner Bros has extended the options of three series regulars from its Fox comedy pilot The Assistants: Brittany Snow, Stephen Root and Catherine O’Hara. Also picked up is recurring guest star Jillian Bell, who is a regular on another show, Comedy Central’s Workaholics. The decision to extend options, which expire at the end of the week, was made with an eye toward re-piloting the project, though there has been no formal new pilot order from Fox yet. Written by Sherry Bilsing-Graham and Ellen Kreamer based on the blog and book To My Assistant by Lydia Whitlock, The Assistants is set in a busy Manhattan law firm where the assistants have vowed that if they ever get to the top, they will never treat their assistants the way they’ve been treated by their bosses. The single-camera project was an early favorite of Fox brass, who were very high on the cast, mainly the actors who have now been extended. The Assistants factored into the network’s series pickup conversation, and though it didn’t get the nod last month, Fox left it in consideration. The Assistants is produced by Lin Pictures and WBTV, with Bilsing-Graham, Kreamer, Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz executive producing.
Comedy ‘The Assistants’ Extends Cast Member Options As Fox Eyes New Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'