Comedy Central had ordered The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail, a stand-up comedy series starring Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani. The show, which will spotlight hot comedians, is executive produced by Ray, Nanjiani, Emily Gordon and Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Stuart Cornfeld, Debbie Liebling and Mike Rosenstein. “Of all the comedy shows on Comedy Central, that are taped in the back of a comic book store, this will be the best one,” said Ray, Nanjiani and Gordon. The series is based on The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail weekly, live comedy show produced by Gordon, which takes place in the back of Meltdown Comics on Sunset Blvd. Hosted by Ray and Nanjiani, each episode of the TV series will feature some of the hottest stand-up comedians performing onstage and go behind-the-scenes with them as they hang out in the greenroom with the who’s who from the comedy scene.
Comedy Central Greenlights Stand-Up Comedy Series Produced By Ben Stiller
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess