Comedy Central had ordered The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail, a stand-up comedy series starring Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani. The show, which will spotlight hot comedians, is executive produced by Ray, Nanjiani, Emily Gordon and Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Stuart Cornfeld, Debbie Liebling and Mike Rosenstein. “Of all the comedy shows on Comedy Central, that are taped in the back of a comic book store, this will be the best one,” said Ray, Nanjiani and Gordon. The series is based on The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail weekly, live comedy show produced by Gordon, which takes place in the back of Meltdown Comics on Sunset Blvd. Hosted by Ray and Nanjiani, each episode of the TV series will feature some of the hottest stand-up comedians performing onstage and go behind-the-scenes with them as they hang out in the greenroom with the who’s who from the comedy scene.
Comedy Central Greenlights Stand-Up Comedy Series Produced By Ben Stiller
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks