Comedy Central had ordered The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail, a stand-up comedy series starring Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani. The show, which will spotlight hot comedians, is executive produced by Ray, Nanjiani, Emily Gordon and Red Hour’s Ben Stiller, Stuart Cornfeld, Debbie Liebling and Mike Rosenstein. “Of all the comedy shows on Comedy Central, that are taped in the back of a comic book store, this will be the best one,” said Ray, Nanjiani and Gordon. The series is based on The Meltdown With Jonah And Kumail weekly, live comedy show produced by Gordon, which takes place in the back of Meltdown Comics on Sunset Blvd. Hosted by Ray and Nanjiani, each episode of the TV series will feature some of the hottest stand-up comedians performing onstage and go behind-the-scenes with them as they hang out in the greenroom with the who’s who from the comedy scene.
Comedy Central Greenlights Stand-Up Comedy Series Produced By Ben Stiller
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM