Actor/comedian and writer JB Smoove has partnered with his longtime manager Rick Dorfman, veteran comedy agent and manager Conan Smith and independent producer and financier Adam Benowitz to form Converge Media Group, a full-service management, production and branded entertainment company. The four are partners at the company with offices in New York City and a studio facility in Irvington, NY which features a fully equipped 10,000 sq ft production studio and professional recording studio. Besides Smoove, who co-stars on CBS’ new comedy series The Millers, Converge’s clients also include Rachel Dratch, Lynne Koplitz, Pete Dominic, Chris DiStefano, Carly Aquillino, John Moses, Ryan Ling and PJ Morrison. In addition to traditional management services, the company will focus on content for emerging medias. It is already producing a new series for MSG network called Four Courses With JB Smoove, which premieres tomorrow, and is launching an online branded entertainment piece with The Economist.Over the past 2 years Smoove and Dorfman have created a number of branded entertainment pieces for companies such as Pepsi, Gillette, Reebok, Nike, Zya, Microsoft, Verizon and Paul Mason Brandy. The company also owns urban comedy website TheRuckus.com and has created a number of online series, co-produced with partners such as Rob Riggle (Coogan Auto) and BermanBraun (I Heard). Collectively, Dorfman and Smith have been in comedy representation for over 40 years. Dorfman was a partner at Rain Management Group; Smith ran the management division of Apostle.
Comedian JB Smoove And Managers Rick Dorfman & Conan Smith Launching Management/Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest TV News
- Michael Grindon Exits As Legendary’s Worldwide Television Distribution Head
- Sinclair Lays Out Plans To Divest Stations To Win FCC Approval Of Tribune Acquisition
- McKenna Grace To Play Young Lead In Rob Lowe’s ‘The Bad Seed’ Lifetime Remake, Original’s Patty McCormack To…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight Rider’ Incident
- ‘The End Of The World As We Know It’: Quinta Brunson To Star In CW Pilot
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Renewed For Season 13 By NBC With All 4 Judges & Host Tyra Banks Returning