Actor/comedian and writer JB Smoove has partnered with his longtime manager Rick Dorfman, veteran comedy agent and manager Conan Smith and independent producer and financier Adam Benowitz to form Converge Media Group, a full-service management, production and branded entertainment company. The four are partners at the company with offices in New York City and a studio facility in Irvington, NY which features a fully equipped 10,000 sq ft production studio and professional recording studio. Besides Smoove, who co-stars on CBS’ new comedy series The Millers, Converge’s clients also include Rachel Dratch, Lynne Koplitz, Pete Dominic, Chris DiStefano, Carly Aquillino, John Moses, Ryan Ling and PJ Morrison. In addition to traditional management services, the company will focus on content for emerging medias. It is already producing a new series for MSG network called Four Courses With JB Smoove, which premieres tomorrow, and is launching an online branded entertainment piece with The Economist.Over the past 2 years Smoove and Dorfman have created a number of branded entertainment pieces for companies such as Pepsi, Gillette, Reebok, Nike, Zya, Microsoft, Verizon and Paul Mason Brandy. The company also owns urban comedy website TheRuckus.com and has created a number of online series, co-produced with partners such as Rob Riggle (Coogan Auto) and BermanBraun (I Heard). Collectively, Dorfman and Smith have been in comedy representation for over 40 years. Dorfman was a partner at Rain Management Group; Smith ran the management division of Apostle.
Comedian JB Smoove And Managers Rick Dorfman & Conan Smith Launching Management/Production Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’
- ‘The Four’ Fox Reality Competition Sets Sean Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor & Charlie Walk As Stars, Gets Premiere…
- White House Celebrates Donald Trump For Not Acknowledging Sexual Assault Claims
- ‘Suits’ Spinoff: Simon Kassianides Joins Potential Gina Torres-Toplined Offshoot
- Fox And Viacom Lead Media Stock Rally Sparked By Merger Speculation
- Kat Dennings To Star In Hulu Pilot ‘Dollface’; ‘I, Tonya’s Margot Robbie, Bryan Unkeless Producing