NBC News’ Today has the exclusive with in-the-news celebrity chef/TV star Paula Deen tomorrow morning, but CNN is working hard to keep viewers interested today, interviewing Deen’s sons this morning on its new morning show New Day. Deen’s sons, Bobby and Jamie, were asked about Food Network’s decision last week to not renew Deen’s contract when it expires this month, after word got out she’d said under oath, during a deposition, that she has used the n-word in the past (Bobby and Jamie once had their own Food Network show, and Jamie now has a show on sibling Cooking Channel). Smithfield Foods — the spiral ham guys — also ended its contract with Paula Deen earlier this week, and QVC says it’s reviewing its relationship with the celebri-chef. On the bright side, CNN reports, orders for Deen’s new cookbook, Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up surged on Amazon by nearly 1,300% in the last 24 hours. The cookbook was ranked 115th on Tuesday, compared to a ranking of 1,592nd on Monday. The book’s not available until October.
CNN Keeps Paula Deen Story Hot For Tomorrow’s ‘Today’ Interview As Cookbook Sales Surge
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications