NBC News’ Today has the exclusive with in-the-news celebrity chef/TV star Paula Deen tomorrow morning, but CNN is working hard to keep viewers interested today, interviewing Deen’s sons this morning on its new morning show New Day. Deen’s sons, Bobby and Jamie, were asked about Food Network’s decision last week to not renew Deen’s contract when it expires this month, after word got out she’d said under oath, during a deposition, that she has used the n-word in the past (Bobby and Jamie once had their own Food Network show, and Jamie now has a show on sibling Cooking Channel). Smithfield Foods — the spiral ham guys — also ended its contract with Paula Deen earlier this week, and QVC says it’s reviewing its relationship with the celebri-chef. On the bright side, CNN reports, orders for Deen’s new cookbook, Paula Deen’s New Testament: 250 Favorite Recipes, All Lightened Up surged on Amazon by nearly 1,300% in the last 24 hours. The cookbook was ranked 115th on Tuesday, compared to a ranking of 1,592nd on Monday. The book’s not available until October.
CNN Keeps Paula Deen Story Hot For Tomorrow’s ‘Today’ Interview As Cookbook Sales Surge
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur