In its first week on CNN, New Day averaged 302,000 viewers, which is up compared to same week last year — when CNN was suffering record lows. But compared to CNN’s performance in the early-morning time period in May 2013, the show is down by 37% in the 25-54 demo and 20% in viewers of all ages (379,000). Compared to the calendar year to date, it’s down 16% in the demo, and virtually flat in total viewers (306,000). The same week as New Day snagged 302,000 viewers, Fox News’ Fox & Friends notched 1.099 million viewers and MSNBC’s Morning Joe nabbed 322,000. CNN chief Jeff Zucker has said he’d consider the new CNN morning program — which stars ABC News expat Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan — a success if it beat the network’s previous programming ratings in the slot, which is kinda damning with faint praise.
CNN’s ‘New Day’ Snags 302,000 Viewers On Average In Week 1
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks