In its first week on CNN, New Day averaged 302,000 viewers, which is up compared to same week last year — when CNN was suffering record lows. But compared to CNN’s performance in the early-morning time period in May 2013, the show is down by 37% in the 25-54 demo and 20% in viewers of all ages (379,000). Compared to the calendar year to date, it’s down 16% in the demo, and virtually flat in total viewers (306,000). The same week as New Day snagged 302,000 viewers, Fox News’ Fox & Friends notched 1.099 million viewers and MSNBC’s Morning Joe nabbed 322,000. CNN chief Jeff Zucker has said he’d consider the new CNN morning program — which stars ABC News expat Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan — a success if it beat the network’s previous programming ratings in the slot, which is kinda damning with faint praise.
CNN’s ‘New Day’ Snags 302,000 Viewers On Average In Week 1
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From de Moraes
- Obama Breaks Into TV Schedules To Denounce Beheading Of American Journalist By ISIS: Video
- News Network Ratings Leap As Autopsy Report Triggers More Violence In Ferguson
- President Obama Takes To TV Again To Weigh In On Violence In Ferguson, MO
- NBC News Eulogizes Kicked-To-Curb David Gregory On 'Meet The Press'
- Creative Arts Emmy Awards: 'Saturday Night Live', HBO Grab Most Trophies — Full List Of Winners
- UPDATE: Craig Ferguson And Gang To Host Syndicated Talk Show For Tribune