In its first week on CNN, New Day averaged 302,000 viewers, which is up compared to same week last year — when CNN was suffering record lows. But compared to CNN’s performance in the early-morning time period in May 2013, the show is down by 37% in the 25-54 demo and 20% in viewers of all ages (379,000). Compared to the calendar year to date, it’s down 16% in the demo, and virtually flat in total viewers (306,000). The same week as New Day snagged 302,000 viewers, Fox News’ Fox & Friends notched 1.099 million viewers and MSNBC’s Morning Joe nabbed 322,000. CNN chief Jeff Zucker has said he’d consider the new CNN morning program — which stars ABC News expat Chris Cuomo and Kate Bolduan — a success if it beat the network’s previous programming ratings in the slot, which is kinda damning with faint praise.
CNN’s ‘New Day’ Snags 302,000 Viewers On Average In Week 1
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From de Moraes
- Discovery Unveils Details Of Nik Wallenda's Chicago Skyscraper Tightrope Walk
- Barbra Streisand Tussles With Jimmy Fallon For 'Tonight Show' Spotlight: Video
- Barefoot Rosie O'Donnell Professes Love For Nicolle Wallace In Return To 'The View'
- What To Expect From “Rosie” New Version Of 'The View'
- UPDATE: CBS Opens Thursday NFL Game With Report Rice Told Goodell He Punched Fiancee In Elevator Before 2 Game Suspension