Uber-secretive Marvel got its comeuppance when it started filming superhero sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier in Cleveland. The 2014 pic has been shooting in the city for a month – and for a month local newspaper The Cleveland Plain Dealer has stalked and live-blogged the film’s public sets, turning the age-old practice of stealing spy pics into a communal cultural event. The paper even put a Pulitzer Prize-winning photojournalist on the case to snap a shot of Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson kissing in character that went viral. With set security this tight, can you blame the looky-loos?
Cleveland Thumbs Nose At Marvel’s ‘Captain America 2’ Privacy Plea
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…