Less than 15 months after signing his book deal, the filmmaker-turned-author has sold his debut novel. Warner Bros has picked up Twilight: New Moon helmer’s The Young World, which Little Brown will publish in 2014. Chris Weitz will helm the film and produce along with Andrew Miano. The young-adult novel is set in New York City following a catastrophe that kills everyone younger than 12 and older than 21 and leaves the survivors without heat, running water or the any of the amenities they’ve grown up with.
Warner Bros Picks Up Chris Weitz’s Book ‘The Young World’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video