EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Sony’s Columbia Pictures just concluded the negotiations with Cameron Diaz today for the updated moppet movie musical starting production in the fall for a Christmas 2014 release. Sandra Bullock had been in talks for the role in Annie but pulled out recently. Beasts Of The Southern Wild‘s Quvenzhane Wallis, who became the youngest actress ever to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination, is on board to play the iconic orphan, and Best Actor Oscar winner for Ray, Jamie Foxx, is Daddy Warbucks in the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z and directed by Will Gluck. I think Diaz is an inspired choice to play the mean lady who runs the orphanage after the actress strutted her nasty in Sony’s Bad Teacher and a few other choice roles.
Cameron Diaz Signed For ‘Annie’ To Play Miss Hannigan After Sandra Bullock Passes
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Moana' Pushes 'Office Christmas Party' Off Her Turf; 'La La Land' Hits High Notes - Early AM B.O. Update
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Donald Trump On Role In 'Celebrity Apprentice': "Zero Time" But "Big Stake"; Slams CNN As "Fake News"
Latest Film News
- How ‘La La Land’ Director Damien Chazelle, His Team & Lionsgate Faced The Music & Resurrected The Original…
- ‘Toni Erdmann’ Sweeps European Film Awards; Makes History At Message-Heavy Ceremony – Full List
- Arrested ‘Silicon Valley’ Star T.J. Miller Keeps Critics’ Choice Hosting Gig
- ‘Moana’ Pushes ‘Office Christmas Party’ Off Her Turf; ‘La La Land’ Hits High Notes – Early AM…
- Boston Online Film Critics Name ‘Moonlight’ Best Film Of 2016
- IDA Awards: ‘O.J.: Made In America’ Runs Off With Best Feature Prize