EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Sony’s Columbia Pictures just concluded the negotiations with Cameron Diaz today for the updated moppet movie musical starting production in the fall for a Christmas 2014 release. Sandra Bullock had been in talks for the role in Annie but pulled out recently. Beasts Of The Southern Wild‘s Quvenzhane Wallis, who became the youngest actress ever to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination, is on board to play the iconic orphan, and Best Actor Oscar winner for Ray, Jamie Foxx, is Daddy Warbucks in the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z and directed by Will Gluck. I think Diaz is an inspired choice to play the mean lady who runs the orphanage after the actress strutted her nasty in Sony’s Bad Teacher and a few other choice roles.
Cameron Diaz Signed For ‘Annie’ To Play Miss Hannigan After Sandra Bullock Passes
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…