EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Sony’s Columbia Pictures just concluded the negotiations with Cameron Diaz today for the updated moppet movie musical starting production in the fall for a Christmas 2014 release. Sandra Bullock had been in talks for the role in Annie but pulled out recently. Beasts Of The Southern Wild‘s Quvenzhane Wallis, who became the youngest actress ever to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination, is on board to play the iconic orphan, and Best Actor Oscar winner for Ray, Jamie Foxx, is Daddy Warbucks in the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z and directed by Will Gluck. I think Diaz is an inspired choice to play the mean lady who runs the orphanage after the actress strutted her nasty in Sony’s Bad Teacher and a few other choice roles.
Cameron Diaz Signed For ‘Annie’ To Play Miss Hannigan After Sandra Bullock Passes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest Film News
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ $22M+ Opening Is An August Record For Screen Gems – Late Night Update
- ‘Hands Of Stone’ Review: Roberto Duran Boxing Biopic Takes Too Many Swings
- Ty Burrell Latest To Join ‘Rock That Body’
- Edward Snowden To Appear Via Satellite In U.S. Theaters Ahead Of ‘Snowden’ Opening
- ‘Complete Unknown’ Clip: “Your Farsi Is Getting Much Better”
- Viacom Board Voices Confidence In Paramount’s Brad Grey After Thursday Grilling By Board