EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Sony’s Columbia Pictures just concluded the negotiations with Cameron Diaz today for the updated moppet movie musical starting production in the fall for a Christmas 2014 release. Sandra Bullock had been in talks for the role in Annie but pulled out recently. Beasts Of The Southern Wild‘s Quvenzhane Wallis, who became the youngest actress ever to receive a Best Actress Oscar nomination, is on board to play the iconic orphan, and Best Actor Oscar winner for Ray, Jamie Foxx, is Daddy Warbucks in the classic comic strip-turned-musical being produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z and directed by Will Gluck. I think Diaz is an inspired choice to play the mean lady who runs the orphanage after the actress strutted her nasty in Sony’s Bad Teacher and a few other choice roles.
Cameron Diaz Signed For ‘Annie’ To Play Miss Hannigan After Sandra Bullock Passes
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix