EXCLUSIVE: CAA just signed Matthew Michael Carnahan, the main writer who adapted the Max Brooks novel World War Z, the upcoming Marc Forster-directed thriller that stars Brad Pitt and a helluva lot of zombies (and subsequent scribes). He also scripted The Snowman, an adaptation of the Jo Nesbo novel that Martin Scorsese is producing for Working Title. He previously scripted the screen adaptation of the classic British miniseries State Of Play, The Kingdom, and Lions For Lambs. Carnahan left WME, the latest in rather bruising poaching battles between those agencies. Carnahan is currently rewriting Code Name Sasha for New Regency and soon will show bro Joe Carnahan that he’s not the only helmer in the Carnahan clan when he makes his directing debut with his script Violent Talent, with Garrett Hedlund attached to star. WME and CAA are representing the film’s distribution rights (awkward). Carnahan is still lawyered by Stuart Rosenthal at Bloom Hergott.
CAA Inks Scribe Matthew Michael Carnahan
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Netflix Sets 'Crouching Tiger 2′ As 1st Feature; Hollywood's Nightmare?
- 'Boyhood's Richard Linklater Baseball Pic Fielded By Annapurna, Paramount
- Matt Bomer Joins Ryan Gosling & Russell Crowe In 'The Nice Guys'
- 'Saturday Night Live' Debut: Who Directed This Hot Mess?
- Gerard Butler Eyes Babak Najafi As 'Olympus Has Fallen' Sequel Helmer
- Bart & Fleming: On 70s Films, UA Resurrection, Goat Horns And Glory