EXCLUSIVE: CAA just signed Matthew Michael Carnahan, the main writer who adapted the Max Brooks novel World War Z, the upcoming Marc Forster-directed thriller that stars Brad Pitt and a helluva lot of zombies (and subsequent scribes). He also scripted The Snowman, an adaptation of the Jo Nesbo novel that Martin Scorsese is producing for Working Title. He previously scripted the screen adaptation of the classic British miniseries State Of Play, The Kingdom, and Lions For Lambs. Carnahan left WME, the latest in rather bruising poaching battles between those agencies. Carnahan is currently rewriting Code Name Sasha for New Regency and soon will show bro Joe Carnahan that he’s not the only helmer in the Carnahan clan when he makes his directing debut with his script Violent Talent, with Garrett Hedlund attached to star. WME and CAA are representing the film’s distribution rights (awkward). Carnahan is still lawyered by Stuart Rosenthal at Bloom Hergott.
CAA Inks Scribe Matthew Michael Carnahan
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Chairman Says Best Picture Gaffe Was “A Human Error”
- Sakina Jaffrey Cast In Fox’s ‘Red Sparrow’; Bill Marchant Joins Sci-Fi Indie ‘Volition’
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu