EXCLUSIVE: CAA just signed Matthew Michael Carnahan, the main writer who adapted the Max Brooks novel World War Z, the upcoming Marc Forster-directed thriller that stars Brad Pitt and a helluva lot of zombies (and subsequent scribes). He also scripted The Snowman, an adaptation of the Jo Nesbo novel that Martin Scorsese is producing for Working Title. He previously scripted the screen adaptation of the classic British miniseries State Of Play, The Kingdom, and Lions For Lambs. Carnahan left WME, the latest in rather bruising poaching battles between those agencies. Carnahan is currently rewriting Code Name Sasha for New Regency and soon will show bro Joe Carnahan that he’s not the only helmer in the Carnahan clan when he makes his directing debut with his script Violent Talent, with Garrett Hedlund attached to star. WME and CAA are representing the film’s distribution rights (awkward). Carnahan is still lawyered by Stuart Rosenthal at Bloom Hergott.
CAA Inks Scribe Matthew Michael Carnahan
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack